Chapter 18

Sophie

Now I'm lying in the back of the doctor's car wondering what is next.

I haven't said much since the doctor came to my room in the hospital. Maybe my brain is still in trauma mode?

I don't want to talk too much. I think I'm scared of what's about to happen. I can see Bullet is on edge, I know if he thinks I'm scared or thinks Josh isn't where we are going there's going to be hell to pay. Then he will probably accuse me. Because Josh was my responsibility! How could I let Jason take my baby from me? How is that even a human thing to allow?
Will I never forgive myself? These questions go round and round. Like the agony inside me.

I overhear Stasia's name, then realise he is talking to me

"Pardon?"

I don't even recognise my own voice, it sound so different. Broken inside. I look at Bullet's eyes in the Revision mirror and listen.
" Stasia's is waiting for you. She can't wait to see you. But you're gonna need some more rest, so a quick talk with her, while I get you some food and after you eat you can sleep."
I just turn my eyes to the window and hope he understands I acknowledged him.
I am tired maybe I should sleep first, I don't even know how I feel about seeing Stasia again. I close my eyes and hope for darkness. And think about Keata. She has always helped the darkness around me go away.

I wake in a bed in a room I can feel someone at my feet  . Someone carried me here. Guess who!
Then I hear the most beautiful sound a little giggle I think it's Keata as I turn in the bed and face the person I realise it's not Keata. It Josh. And Bullet is holding him and they look so similar. Then I hear,

"oh, mummy is awake. here let's say hello to mummy"

I don't know what to say. I have tears streaming down my face. I reach out to touch him like this is a dream then take my hand back. My mind is telling me this isn't really. It  can't be. Then Josh leans towards me, like he wants me. Bullet helps him into my arms. 
I just stare at him. His hair blonde, to his dads dark. His eye's blue, lashes so long any girl would be jealous about. A gentle pinkness to his checks. His little chin with a dimple in it. His chubby hands.
My heart is hurting like something in my chest broke. How could I allow Jason to take him, the only part of Bullet I had. I had to give up!
I hold him so tight and close to me and sob into his head till Josh started to push his way back to his dad. It's ironic how kids, babies just go with the flow and do what they want no matter what. I feel an arm pull firm around me. And I look to Bullet.
" You did what you had to do to survive. Stop this shit! We will figure it out."
I don't have the strength to fight right now I bury my head into Bullet and Josh and just take their comfort.
There's a light knock at the door we all look and see Stasia peek in.  Bullet kiss's my head the gets up to leave with Josh. I realise I have no right to ask for him but Bullet  passed him to Stasia as they pass each other and she comes to sit with me. And bullet exits out the door.
"God it's been too long!  And you've been through hell!" I cut her off
"Nothing you haven't been through."
She smiles at me and hugs me tight till I wince from the pain of my ex. It was like the feeling in my body just came back in a flash.  Stasia pulled back,
"Yes, your right it's definitely me that is hurt all the time."
We both smile at this. Knowing we have plenty to catch up on.  She lets me play with Josh some more. And tells me that Keata is keeping the guys entertained.
She missed Bullet, but really missed Drew and won't leave his side, which Stasia says Drew is loving.
I catch her up to speed about Suki and she tells me she is here with us fighting with PC  which we both giggle about.
" How's her phone? is it still sending mixed messages?"
Stasia laughs out loud
" I heard Drew tell Bullet what he's done to her phone and when she figures it out she's gonna kill him I'm sure she suspects he's done something but he just pleads the fifth!"
We both chuckle knowing there's going to be entertainment for a bit.

We head out to get some food  together.
We can hear the guys talking as we walk down the hall they're laughing at Bullet .  He must be hogging his baby and not sharing .
Then I hear Keata giggle. I haven't heard that noise in so long she sounds so happy .
As we walk into the lounge room I can see why there all laughing. Keata has both Drew and Bullet  chasing her she took Josh's cap he had on his head and is trying to make a break away  crawling. And the guys are crawling as well. I look at Stasia and we both start to giggle.

We seam to fall into what we use to be like all this bad stuff didn't happen. laughing enjoying each others company teasing comes normally to everyone.

Dinner arives with some drinks. The boys have a few beers, the girls on water and soft drink.
I sit and watch in silence and just breathe enjoying what's happening, its like home.

I must of been drifting off, while stairring at every one. Because I jump when I feel Bullet sit next to me. I take a deep breath again just to take in his sent, the one that brings me calm. He puts his arm around me and I can't help myself, I lean into him and smell him some more.

"Are you smelling me?"

I smile coyly embarrassed, I got caught. I look up at him feeling my cheeks warming

"Yes"

I say in a whisper and berry my head into his arm. He moves and puts Josh on my lap and holds us both tight.

I feel like I've been drifting out and in of conversations theres been laughing, chat about the club, Drew talking about his dad and Crib, what their Prez has been up to, and something about Mira, getting somebody back!

I'm not quite sure how long we were all chatting but at some point I fell asleep.

I feel somebody lifting me up, walking me somewhere. I wake slightly as we enter the room, its the one i've been sleeping in. I feel my body falling slightly . I hear Bullet whisper "I got you ! "

He gently places me down in the bed and pulls the blankets up. I hear him walk away a bit and i can hear him  undressing .
I feel the bed dip on the other side, Bullet gets in an pulls the blankets up, he then reaches for me and pulled me close brings his nose into my head and takes a big breath and the last thing I hear is.

"Your not the only one. I miss your smell aswell!"

He kisses me on the top of my head, we both hold on to each other like its our last night together and fall asleep.