Chapter 6

Bullet

Waking up the next morning was hard, I tossed and turned all night. after about fifteen minutes I decided to swing my legs out of bed and get in the shower. As I entered my bathroom I look at myself in the mirror. Fuck I feel like shit, I needed my family back and in my house, this time where I know they're safe. I turn the sink tap on cold and make my hands into a cup then splash the water on my face hoping the cold will wake me the fuck up, then do what I've been thinking about all night.

I shave off my beard. it takes a while but once it's off I look in the mirror...  I don't know the man staring back at me... fuck its been years since I was clean shaved, high school maybe.  When I've finished I wipe my face with a face cloth then, shift towards the shower and turn on the hot water first, then just a bit of cold, I hate cold showers.

I'm just about to get out when I hear my phone start to ring I turn  off the shower grab a towel and wrap it around my hips and head for my phone, I get it on the last ring,

"yep?"

"I have an address. I'm sending it through now!" PC says I can hear him on his computer tapping away. While he's sending me the address, he says, "Got a few odd bits on crystal, nothing that is confirmed but it's a lead. Drew should be at yours in 15, so you guys will be here in 30... I'll have a route planned  for you guys to take."

"Yep, follow whatever leads you to get on her."
Pausing, thinking for a bit about what else I need then add,
"Yeah I'm nearly ready, you get the vehicle organised with no details on them that will bring it back to the club ?"

I hear more tapping then I hear him taking a breath, "yep done... I'm just shutting down now, I've  made contact with the cafe girl, but she's tight-lipped about Sophie.., when we get there she might change her mind though .... but brother she is feisty, I've started fucking with her head a bit, man she winds up easy!"

I pull my phone away from my ear and stare at it amazed at the shit coming out of his mouth. Like I give a shit what she's doing to his head... thinking I'll leave that thought there and not think about it yet. Cause if PC fucks with my plans of getting my girls back, he won't live to know just how feisty the cafe girl can be!

"Yeah... whatever....I'll see ya in a few." I press end on my phone and head into my room to get changed. I made sure last night that I organised all my clothes with no MC stuff on them. Mainly jeans and polo tops, now with no beard and my hair is short, not even I recognise myself.

After I'm dressed and double-checked my rugby bag, I head outside and wait for Drew.
He arrives as soon as I'm closing my front door, I finish locking up then head to him in his ute. Once in the Ute, he just nods, then passes me a coffee and we take off, no words needed.

I know we are heading towards the club because we have a quick meet there, then we will go to PC's place. We figured, if we leave from there, fewer people will figure out what day we are leaving and we can keep a lid on it.

Getting to the club there's not many here, Drew and I head straight to Prezs office. Hoping he has new information for us.
Walking through his office door, first I see Prez has his head in his iPad, looking at something pretty intensely. Once Drew is in and has the door closed Prez looks up, his eyes are bloodshot and make him look dog-tired.
"Ok boys, take a seat. We have heard from Cobra and Krip they seem to be holding their own and doing alright for now... They've got some information about Sophie's ex who took her!"

Using my fingertips I grip my knees and squeeze, I don't even feel the denim from my jeans I squeezed that hard, I stay like that waiting to hear what news he's heard.
After a second I nod to let him know I'm listening.
Drew then answers for us both, " How are they holding up, does dad have any time limit on what's going on, so I can talk to Savy ?"
Well, I just wanted to know about Sophie's ex, I listen anyway because I know the boys could need us at any time.
Prez stands up then walks over to his window he sighs then turns to look at us, "No, there's no handle on a time limit at the moment. They're standing in a strong position at this time... but there are still some of the men, which he's sure might have a bit of a clue that he and Krip are spies. So they're laying low, for now, they'll let us know when they need us. And they also have a safe place to hide if need be. They haven't given us any details yet, but that also to keep them safe!"
We both nod knowing the less that we know their whereabouts the better, I look up and add, " So what's the info you received about the ex, anything we need to look further into ?!"
He shakes his head in disappointment then begins, " He's involved in a higher scale than I originally thought... and also has his hand in some trafficking! PC is digging deeper to find out who he's partnered with we might know some of them or Cobra might be able to fix something so we can take her back without retaliation!"
Nodding I respond with, "Yeah, well PC also is in contact with the girl at the cafe, so we might be able to access or get more info there!" Prez smirks then replies "Yeah, but before you make that decision make sure you check in with me."
Agreeing with him we both stand and Drew asks, "anything else?"
"Nope, just don't make any waves, oh and we are just checking where your son's caregivers are and what relationships they have to the ex, PC was almost through with that, so as soon as it's through, I'll message.... oh and the untraceable cars are on there a way to PC's now.... that's it boys stay safe and wait for my message!"
We head out just as Mira walks in and runs at both of us, jumping on Drew first she hugs him tight and whispers in his ear, then she turns to me and hugs me tight as well saying in my ear, "Stay safe, don't lose your head and I'll be there with Stasia to help with the baby!" She pulls back and winks at me like it's some sort of code ... her dad is looking at her with a deterrent look, Drew and I start to laugh knowing damn well she's been spying again.
Waving bye to both of them we head out to make our way to Perth to find my son and the girls.