Chapter 15

Bullet

I'm sitting in the waiting room of a god damn hospital south of Fremantle, a few suburbs over at Rockingham.
We chose to come further south because we'd be harder to find. 
I'm waiting for Sophie to come out of surgery. Thank fuck PC Forged Sophie some ID so we were husband and wife at this time. This way if her fuck head of a husband finds us I have time to move her and Keata. she is our daughter according to the ID  we got.
PC 's a fucken genius. Keata was so lucky she was strapped in. When we got to the car she came to me willingly. I've had her checked out and she is good.  My sweet Keata just needs some rest. The doctor said to wait and see what aches and pains happen in the next 2 weeks and to keep an eye on her.

We've been cuddling and talking in sign language for a bit till Drew came. Drew took her back to a new place we are staying at now.
Once all the guys were settled, they called with the address, after we fed Keata I ask her if she wanted to go with Drew.
Drew told her that Stasia is on her way. Keata was so excited, She said yes and wants to see Stasia so he took her to where they will be staying.

Now I'm just staring at my boots and hands, waiting for her to come out of surgery.

After a few hours I head to the desk and ask,
"How is Mrs Presten doing?"
The nurse looks at the computer and  then looks back at me, "She is still in surgery,  you can go through to see her friend Michelle, she's been asking for you!"
I have no idea how she got this name. I knew why it was important. If things go bad we needed them not to be recognised.

I nod to the nurse and follow where she directs me to go.
I walk into the room seeing PC  In there looking pretty pissed at Suki /Michelle he glares at me then at her and walks out. Just as he's through the door he turns back and points his finger at Suki, "This is not over. We will be talking when I get back!"

I watched him leave.
Turning my head back to Suki I give her a half-smile then slowly walk to the side of the bed that has a chair. I sit then look at her, the bruises on her face are bad. She has a cut on her forehead, her arms in a sling and I've been told she has a broken rib.  I take a deep breath before I talk, "Thank you! You did well today. I don't know what else to say but if there is anything you need  just ask!"
She reaches out and puts her hand on mine and says, "Just don't let her go. She is scared. And she will run. But she's not running from you. It's her freak of a husband." I nod cause I know I'm going to have to tie her ass up to stop her from running.

I sit there a bit longer and we chat for a bit. I'm not really paying attention but it's good to fill the time. 

A nurse comes in to say My wife is out of surgery. I stand with nothing more to say, I bend over, kiss her on the top of her head as a thank you. She smiles and says, "No wonder you stole her heart." I smirk at her not knowing what to say and head to the room of my wife.
That word is on repeat in my head all the way to her room I decide that is going to happen. Sophie will be my wife sooner rather than later!

I enter the room and Sophie is awake. When she makes eye contact with me her eyes bulge and she seems like she is not sure what she will do.
The nurse that is checking her over seems to notice how uneasy she looks and thinks that I've caused that problem.
The nurse says to Sophie. "If you don't want your husband here I can ask him to leave till your ready honey, I'm sure he'll understand?"
The nurse then looks at me expecting me to leave. I'm not leaving and I think Sophie knows this cause she explains, "No, I'm fine. I can sleep with him here!"
The nurse looks reluctant to leave but I don't care about her I walk straight to Sophie and bend down and kiss her gently on the lips. I look into her eyes and see them soften and she smiles just a little. She is so fucken beaten.
The nurse seems to think we are good and leaves.

Just as I'm about to sit she says, "I'm tired. You need to know something..."
I cut her off, "I know. We will pick Josh up soon! You just need to rest and your name is Samantha Preston and your friend's name is Michelle Smith."

She looks at me in horror and I smile at her, "baby get some sleep I'm not leaving!"
She shakes her head and says, "You need to get Josh he will kill him! I know he will."
I shake my head, "Knight is there already. If he shows up Knight will grab Josh! And if he doesn't we    will when you're ok to leave the hospital there only a few suburbs over."
She looks confused like I'm making no sense at all.
After a bit Sophie says,
"Aren't you mad at me?"
I shake my head, "Did you forget you were kidnapped?"
She starts to cry, so I move to comfort her. But everything is in the way.  I think to myself fuck it and gently move things so I can lay next to her even though I know she is in severe pain.
Sophie only grumbles a little till she is comfortable. It's not long till she's crying into my chest. I just hold her. She needs to cry it all out. She has been living a nightmare. I kiss the top of her head and tell her,
"Babe the boys have Keata and I'm sure Stasia will be here soon."
She looks at me still with pain in her eyes, but I ignore it. I lift her chin so I can kiss her the way I wanted to from the moment I saw her. The kiss only lasts for a short time, because I taste blood. I look at her mouth and notice I reopened the cut on her lip. "Shit, babe you should have stopped me. Are you ok?" She nods and uses her tongue to lick the blood
off her bottom lip. I have to hold myself back a bit. I'm in two minds.
Part of me is dying to hold her tight, kiss her senseless. God knows this is not happening yet. And the other part of me is seeing the red cause of all the damage to her face and body.
I'm pretty sure she sees my lust and shakes her head saying no! I just kiss the top of her head.
"That's later babe. When you're better."
I'm smirking.
Sophie rolls her eyes and snuggles into me.
It's not long before she's asleep. And it doesn't take long for me to fall asleep with her. It's been forever since I've held her and right now I'm not letting her go.