Chapter 2

SOPHIE

I've been living in a prison ever since I was taken. The day I looked up from the boot of a car that I was in with Keata in front of me was the worst day of my life. Jay or as he is known as now Jason Simpson, the big top-notch lawyer of Perth at your service, good or bad. He has told everyone I'm his wife which isn't a lie... technically. We married before we had Keata. Back when I thought I was in love. Ha, what a joke!

He covered his true colours from me so well that I believed his lies. So for years and during my pregnancy, he had me believing his deceptions as well..... at the end, I found the truth and the truth showed me who he really was.
One day he'd forgotten some files on the desk in his office, so I decided to take them to his job. His secretary wasn't there so I just thought I'd put them on his desk, as I pushed through his office door, it took me a minute to take in the sight I saw, it made me sick. He had one female tied up naked in the corner of his office making her watch and the other was giving him a blowjob she was naked as well with her hands tied. He just looked at me and said, well at least I know now and that he could bring these girls home, telling me that I've seen it now so why should he hide it. I didn't even bother to run to the rubbish bin. I just vomited there and then, all over his office floor... on his rug and carpet area... I don't even remember which one was his secretary, I couldn't believe these girls were doing this willingly.

He never did bring it home thank god but as soon as I had Keata I found my way out of there, to a little place called Manjimup. where life became great. I even had the greatest best friend ever and through her, I met the man of my dreams and he just took charge and made sure I was good. He's not much of a talker, he simply put his thoughts into action, which I've always said is what matters.

Well, now I'm back tight in the claws of the devil, but now he is even more evil than before. I have guards 24/7 if he's not with me. They are and they report to him every second of the day with who and when I talk to people, how many times I'm on the toilet, it makes me sick the only few things I'm thankful for is that he promised that if I obeyed him he would keep Keata safe and my son will stay safe as well ! So I do my part and I'm thankful that he's not here to see how bad things are going to get I'm not silly I know they will .... I haven't told Bullet yet.. how am I supposed to tell him that I had his child,  when I can't even see him grow myself!   The other thing is Jason hasn't asked me for sex yet and I'm not asking why. I'm still not sure why I'm under his command or why he needs me here. It doesn't make sense but I intend to find out though.

I now know that no one is coming for me. Do I blame anyone? No, not really! Does it hurt that no one is coming for me? Yes, like something  is ripping out inside me and I can't hold it together anymore, but I have too! Keata is everything to me, as God as my witness, we are leaving! I just need a plan and a little hope.

I just convinced Jay to allow Keata to learn sign language, while she's at her lessons, I get to have coffee across the road at an awesome coffee shop. The girl at the front counter reminds me of Stasia.....Gawd thinking about her always makes me sad but coming in here lifts my mood, I know this is the nearest I'll get to seeing Stasia ever again. So I soak it up and pray like hell that one day we will be united again.

Being let out is a new thing I have my guards but I try to pretend they're not there.
After dropping Lil Keata off I head to the coffee shop and smile at the girl behind the counter. She smiles back and says, "Hey honey, what will it be today?"

Smiling back at her I tell her, "Flatt white with skim milk and a double shot, please."

"Sure anything else?" She says while starting my coffee.

"No, just coffee. Have you worked here long" I say, trying to start up a conversation? It feels like forever since I've talked to someone. Because I want too, other than to Keata, we talk all the time but I get nothing back from her but smiles and her love.

The girl smiles back and says, "About 6 months ago, but I'm loving it. The boss is great and the hours are awesome. So, what brings you here, other than coffee?" She says with a smile. I look around to see how honest I can be, making sure my guards are out of earshot.

"My daughter just started to go to sign language class across the road so... I'm here for coffee and time to waste!." As I finish my sentence I give a nervous giggle at the end. She nods then eyes the guards and gives me a smile and asks, "Do I want to know?" I smile because she is just like Stasia she'd say the same thing if in the same situation. I shake my head,

"No, probably not.... Maybe over coffee another day." She nods and smiles again saying, "Good, today we can talk about other stuff like coffee." She says winking at me. This is just what I needed, easy conversation and a friend, without asshole Jay around!

After enjoying my time at the cafe with Suki, we exchanged numbers as I leave. I had mine written on a piece of paper so I could memorize it... if Jay sees's it he will punish me and take Keata's privileges away. So I'll make sure I've memorized it before we get back and get rid of the evidence.

Going through the doors of Keata's new class makes me smile I can see her trying to copy the signs with the other kids. I sit at the back of the room and take in  as much as I can. I looked up the alphabet and have been practising, and here she is learning simple things like toilet, cat, dog, sit, food, drink and a few more I see she has been given some paper and a book to help learn which is great I can too.

Before I know it the class is over and I see Keata looking for me. I make sure she can see me quickly I don't want her to stress. I really want her to think of this place as safe, she only feels safe at home if I'm in sight she sleeps with me and I stay in her room. Keata spots me and she starts to head my way with her walking frame, she is getting so good she almost doesn't need it anymore. we get to see the specialist but Jay normally comes to those appointments, playing the devoted husband which makes me sick but I play along..... and he doesn't try and hold Keata anymore because she screams until I get her back in my arms, Jay wants everybody to think we are the happy little family, so he doesn't try anymore.

As Keata get close, she starts tapping her head just above her temple and then keeps coming to me, when she's close enough I pick her up a give the biggest hug I can, she pulls back and does it again I look to her new teacher and she smiles saying, "mum, she is signing mum." My smile is huge I give her a big kiss and rub my nose against hers just like Bullet use to do... taking a deep breath I mouth the words "I'm so proud of you." She giggles and hugs me again. I put her back to her walking frame and chat to her teacher. "How did she go? She's normally shy without me, she didn't get too upset?" The teacher has this big smile on her face then says,"Keata loved it, not once did she show signs of being anxious she was very excited and picked up signs easily." Then she signs something and speaks at the same time, "See you on thursday!" And then I see Keata trying to sign back the same thing and my heart melts... I knew this was what she needed.