Chapter 21

Bullet

Walking out the door, I feel alive. Knowing I should have waited a bit longer, but realising Soph was just as needy as me. My head flashed with all the memories of watching her get hit when she said she wasn't raped, just thinking about that now sends a chill over me. But knowing the beating was just as bad. But I'm relieved she told me, it stops all the crap I kept thinking of.

I proceeded towards where I knew Nova and Drew were. Heading towards the front door knowing they were over the road on the lookout. Reaching the road it comes to my attention that Soph doesn't have a phone, I notice Ace and call out, "Ace, get me a burner phone for Soph." All I can think of is if I head out, she will want to be able to call me or me her. I watch him nod and head inside.

As soon as I reach the guys they all can see by the look on my face that something is wrong, Drew is the first to ask, "What's up?"

"Just got a call. From Krip." They all stop what they're doing and look up. Drews was the first to react. "Where is he at? Is dad with him?" I clench my jaw before I answer, "He is in town, and needs to meet up." I look around, up the street and back the other way before continuing, "He's alone, was not saying much on the call. Has some info we need to know." Running my hand over my chin forgetting my beard isn't there. I add "meeting up tomorrow. he wants me and you drew so Knight and Nova you need to be on the lookout he will give deets tomorrow." They all nod. You can see an uneasy look shadow their faces. We haven't heard too much from Krip since the girls were taken. Unsure if this will bring more problems, I gesture for Drew to walk back with me as we cross the road he says, "Trouble must be brewing. Wonder what he knows, we were supposed to meet when we got back to the clubhouse?" I nodded not wanting to know right now. Mira walks in looking mad as fuck. She looks at all of us like she knows something is going on. Mira is good and we all can trust her but she always finds herself in the wrong place at the wrong time. "Mira, what?" I've never been known for my patients. Her eyes dart to mine and she points at me, "When are you meeting him?" I clench my fist before I respond. She needs to stay the fuck away from Krip. "As far as you and anyone are concerned, we are not. So, stay out of it Mira." She stands there for a bit longer glaring at me, then glaring at Drew. He shakes his head slightly, giving her a sign to leave it. But she doesn't listen. "You either tell me or I'll find him." Fuck! I breathe out and crack my knuckles knowing this won't be good. I stalk towards her and say each word short and sharp. "You. Will. Not. Get. Involved. Are you listening girl?" Mira lets out a frustrated low grunt and turns and storms off. I turn and look at all the guys, "Be careful when and who you talk to, she is on the hunt. And we all don't need reminding how good she is at finding shit out!" I pick up my phone and dial Prez. He answers straight away, "Speak." I lower my voice, "Mira's on the hunt." He's quiet for a bit and answers, "Krip?" my answer is just as short, "yep!" there is silence for a bit..... "Don't talk near the house, she has ears like a hawk."

"Yep, got it!" I hang up first and know the meeting with Krip is going to be hard to set up.

Walking inside I notice Mira and Stasia in the corner chatting. It's like Stasia is trying to calm Mira's hot head down. I glare at them till Mira's eyes shoots daggers at me. She doesn't even care at this point. It's all over her face it's been over a year and it's no secret she's been looking for him. I shake my head NO hoping she reads my mind. But she just rolls her eyes. And lots back at Stasia chatting again. I head to P.C, "We need to talk." I head back to where my room is and P.C follows. As I'm standing outside my room pull my phone out and shake it in front of P.C, "Text any info about Krip. Mira is looking for all intel. And Prez wants in away from her. Got it?" He nods. "That it?"

"Yep." And he heads to where he is set up with his gear. I open the door and see Sophie is still asleep and see Keata lying awake next to her I sign to her. "Are you thirsty or hungry?" she brings her hand to her chin showing me it's food that she wants. I go gather her up and take her to the kitchen. Showing her a few choices but she is saying no to all then I remembered she ate with the girls and I go the freezer a show her the ice cream, the excitement on her sweet face is awesome. I put her on the kitchen bench while undoing the paper around the ice cream. Keata is beaming with a smile waiting patiently for it. When I've wrapped the paper back around the bottom of the ice cream I give it to her. And I hear a very similar word to thank you. Keata is deaf and has never talked before that I know of. So, this makes me pull the ice cream away so I can give it to her again just hear her say it again. Fuck I'm a bully. But there it is, "ank ou." Drew walks in at the same time and he looks at me, "did you hear that? Take it off her and see if she says it again." I look at him like he's lost his mind replying, "I can't. I did that already." And we both laugh. Drew says, "Would it be bad if I did it this time?" then a familiar voice says from behind Drew, "Yes, it would be bad if you took an ice cream for the second time off a child just to hear a thank you." We both turn at the same time to see Sophie smirking and shaking her head from left to right. She walks past both of us and grabs Keata. She lets her up and cuddles her tight. Pulling back so Keata can see her lips she mouths to her with a whisper so we both can hear as well, "Never mind these two eggs." Then shakes her head. Keata lights the room with her contagious giggle, and they walk over to where the girls are. Mira is still giving me the stink eye.

My phone vibrates. Making sure I don't even show it's my phone. I walk out the back door and head to the yard's far corner. I mumble to myself "Mira better stay the fuck away." As I get to the corner, I turn so I can see the back door and my eyes meet with her glare. Mira, standing at the door. Shaking my head from left to right at her, feeling vexed, why can't she just let this go? I decide to pull out the phone and read it.

Krip: meet under the bridge. tomorrow.

Me: yep.

Mira is heading my way, I decide I don't want this interaction so I head to where the car is I'm about 15 meters closer. I get in pull the keys out and start her up. Listen to the revs and use my foot on the pedal to make it louder. As Mira opens her mouth to yell something at me I put my right hand up to my ear signalling I can't hear her. I can see this is pissing her off but I'm over her thinking this has anything to do with her. She's not near the car yet and I use that as my indication to leave. I burn rubber, leaving the driveway. Pulling out I turn right, and there is the car that came past last time we lock eyes and I see who the guy is. It's not Jason, I've not seen him before but I'm so amped up that I decided I'm going to clip the car and then follow him.

He takes off fast, and I follow keeping with his speed. He getting close to the end of the street and I notice he is slowing slightly. "Come on motherfucker take that corner hard." I pick up more speed. I bump him as he hits the corner and he spins once but gains control. I hit the corner hard and lift my hand break, I sit comfy and I feel the back wheels slide into the corner and as I release the hand break my wheels get traction. And I follow and keep the pressure on as I remember the pressure they put on the girls while driving, which makes me bump into him again. This time the car just bumps forward I grab the steering wheel tight as I go to bump him again. I use a little more force this time and hit him harder. And the car loses control. I slow a little to allow his car space I'm in two minds, do I let him go or fuck him up. A vision of Sophie's bruise and Jay hitting her fills my head and I don't need to think. I ram the car so hard this time it hit the curb and starts to roll into the empty park. I slow to a stop and watch for the other car to stop. I make my way to it. It's a fair distance away. I casually walk, I'm in no hurry. As I get closer I can see flames and I decide we need questions I hear sirens in the distance I turn and see my brothers arrive and knight jumping in the car and taking off with it. The rest of the guys catch up to me. Just as we are about 15 metres away a rating sound defines me and throws me backwards, the wind is knocked out of me and I can't hear anything but ringing in my ears. I try to see anything but nothing but smoke and fire in the distance. I look closer at where I'm lying and there are 4 bodies on either side of me. One is Ace, and he's yelling and rolling as well. I try to get up but I fall straight back on my front winded again I cough and splutter trying to clear my throat and scrub my eyes with the palm of my hand to help with my vision just as I'm about to get up again someone grabs me and pulls me up. Drew. He looks at the ambos that are racing over and back at me he says something but my ears are still ringing it looks like he said, are you trying to get us locked up? I shake my head in response hoping he gets it. I didn't think about what I was doing. I just wanted someone to hurt. Just like Sophie was hurt. The ambo grabbed me and took me to the ambulance, and the other ambos grabbed the others who were hurt. I'm watching as the fire brigade comes and sorts out the burning vehicle and then shakes their heads about no people inside. It feels like minutes but I know it has been hours. What did he mean by no people inside?

We are all lucky none of us needs to be taken to the Hospital the Ambos took their sweet fucken time checking us all over before they released us. But no cops yet. Knowing we need to get back and head out our stay here is compromised.