The Tengen Gate

Dani:

I woke up and got dressed in blue baggy jeans, white tank top, and black and white flannel tied around my waist. I spent to time training with my father before getting a call from Emily, Major Nighlok activity in the city.

I met them out just in time to here that the Sanzu River was seeping through into our world. "Guys? Lets go." I told them. 

"Lion Foldingzord!"
"Dragon Foldingzord!"
"Bear Foldingzord!"
"Ape Foldingzord!"
"Turtle Foldingzord!"
"Leopard, Polar bear, and Penguin Foldingzords!"
"Samurai Morpher! Gold power! Clawzord, I need you now."

"Megamode power! Ha!" We called, leaping into the cockpit of our zords, catching our Megablades.

Zords combine. The Samurai rangers formed the Battlewing Megazord "Battlewing Megazord, Armed for battle." I formed my Legendary Megazord. "Legendary Megazord, Legendary power." "Megamode power. Clawzord transformation. Claw Battlezord North, ready." Antonio Called, "Whoa! Is this a big Mooger Family reunion?" "Nio! Focus, please and thank you."

"I am. I'm gonna go for the High Score. Hey, who wants their butt kicked first?" 

During the battle, I kept by Antonios side. I had to make sure my brother-figure was good. Jayden and the others went to take down the last of the Moogers. "Katana Power! Final strike!" The remaining exploded, as per usual, "Samurai Rangers. Victory is ours." "Legendary Ranger, victory is MINE." "Seriously Daniela?" "Yeah Cub." "Our team is as good as gold." "Stop." "I could say the same to you amiga."

We jump out of our cockpits and power down. The other head to the Shiba House, I stay in the shadows as they turn around, realizing I didn't follow them. "Where's Dani?" Mike asked looking for me, cutely. Ignore that. No inner me, I don't want to ignore it. We can not care for that boy. I wish. *sigh*

"Maybe she went to the Shiba House already?" Emily asked, "No way. Last time D went to the House before your birthday Em, was before she knew of the feud between our family. Vowed to never step foot again unless important." Jayden told her, his arm around her shoulder. "Well, we'll fill her in later. Lets report back to Mentor." Kevin suggested, as they left started to head 'home'.

~~~~

 Dad left for some sort of retreat, to prepare for his battle. Whilst reading, I got a call saying to meet at the Tengen gates. I haven't been there since mother died.

I came up to the Gate, there was a Gap Sensor symbol on the top. "This is the Tengen Gate? It's just a big wood thing." Mike said, his arm around my waist. I move away from him, "The Tengen Gate is an important part of all of Ranger History, Mike. This commemorates where the first Samurai Rangers battled the Nighlok armys." I stated as we all bowed before walking into the sacred grounds. 

"They say the Sanzu River flooded the entire city." Emily says. "What happened?" Mike asked.

"The rangers defeated them, because they never gave up. They also took their training seriously." Kevin snarked at Mike. "They certainly did." A monk, Daisuke, said to us. "Although the legends tell us that the green ranger was a bit of a prankster." "No way." Our current green said. "Apparently he drove the blue ranger crazy." 

This caused me to snicker, Mike looked at me and shoved me a bit. "A white ranger? With the Shiba clan? Has the peace finally been restored my sweet Daniela?" "Not quite yet Daisuke, not yet." I said softly with a short smile. "You know Daniela?" Jayden asked, "Of course, she came here a lot growing up before she moved with her father." 

After a moment all of us, except for Jayden and Daisuke, went into the temple. "I didn't know you knew the monks here." Emily said to me, "You never asked."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We all walked up to an old quilt, that told the story of my father and Dayu. "It's an old folk tale-" "A young woman makes the Nighlok king to save her lover." I interrupted, knowing my father's origin story by heart. "She becomes a Nighlok and her husband is cursed to become part Nighlok, part Human." "Like Deker?" Emily asked me, but I ignored her, "Others say during his years, he met a new lover, temporarily at least, because she soon bore his child, a baby girl. The woman died and the half human grew love in his heart, for only his daughter. Like him, she was part Nighlok but fought for the side of good and he was okay with that."

The others were intruiged,  "It's one of my favorites." I said shrugging to look inconspicuous. "I feel like we've seen this girl before." Mia said, looking at the picture of Dayu." "I know but its just an old tale." Kevin said, with his hands on her shoulders. "You're right. Silly me."

We sat in a circle together, a younger monk bringing us tea. Daisuke brought the Box, handing it to me. I opened it and felt an instant surge of power, it flashed. I handed it to Jayden while Daisuke slipped another, smaller, box secretly to me. I would open it later

"Thank you Daisuke. I shall protect it with my life." We began to drink tea, before Jayden falls to the ground. I look into the cup. Darkness. The drinks are laced with dark magic. Their~. "Poisoned. The drink, its poisoned." Jayden strained out to us. Before we could do anything, the sound of Moogers filled out ears. "Go." Jayden told them.

Kevin, Emily, and Mia went. I hesitated before Mike grabbed my arm, "Come on. He'll be okay, the monks got this." I nod firmly and run out with him by my side.

Word Count: 938

a/n- they are about to find out the truth about Dani.