Magic Is A Funny Thing, Huh?

Dani:

Staying the night and reconnecting with the rangers was quite enjoyable for me, but I couldn't help but be curious with the new things I learned from the Garden of Sleeping Stars. Everyone decided to come to the common room, when my Zords all started making noises. 

The team and Ji all turned to look at me, I shrugged before the Bat, Whale, Eagle, Leopard, Polar bear, and Penguin Zords all started to circle me. They held some of the journals I received from the guardians. They flipped to a page written in purely kanjis. It looked like-

"Is that a spell of some-sort?" Mia asked looking over my shoulder. "I- I think so." I, myself, wasn't all too sure. "I think they want me to do that." "How? You don't have magic." Jayden questioned. "Magic's a funny thing, huh? I mean, you don't need magic to do magic. I picked up a few new tricks on my journey." The zords all flocked over and stood... In the same formation as the picture... They knew what was going on.

"Maybe you should try it in a more private area, to ensure total concentration." Mentor suggested. "Alright, I'll wait till later tonight. For complete silence." With that everyone agreed and we carried on with our evening. 

Mike wanted to 'hang out' when in reality we ended up cuddling and talking about anything and everything. "I'm really happy you're back Dani. I missed you like crazy." He told me softly, gazing into my eyes while stroking my hair. I smiled ever-so softly. I leaned up and placed a delicate kiss on his lips. We stayed connected in a sweet and tender lip-lock for what felt like forever. 

Mike has a sweet scent of cedarwood (a natural smell) and cologne (his bodywash), a look of pure happiness, and the taste of tropical fruits on his full and luscious lips (smoothie he had earlier). His aura was a childlike innocence, with a hint of 'rebel bad-boy'. With him I feel whole. 

Soon enough we parted for air. Mike, slightly panting, looked down at me with the most loving look and handsome smile to match. That alone made my heart skip a beat. "I should try the spell now. I know you'll be right here in case I need you. I know I can rely on you Mike. For anything." I told him, closing my eyes and leaning my forehead on his, "I trust you enough to do this with you around."

"Do you know what you're doing?" Mike whispered gently, his breath hitting my face. I loved every intimate moment we have together, it makes me no longer want to 'take this slow'. "We're about to find out." As if on cue, the zords came back out in formation. This time no book was involved. Suddenly my eyes changed, and a marking appeared across my face, as I channeled my aura into a physical creation in my hands. The lessons learned from the Star Guardians were paying off quite nicely. 

I started to glow, as did my zords. But something was missing. I knew it, the zords knew it, hell I'm sure Mike knew it too. "I think somethings wrong." Mike quickly pulled out the book for me, after I uttered those words. Showing me the page, I examined it and noticed something was supposed to be in the middle of the zords. The real question is what's supposed to be there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After another hour of examining the page with Mike I noticed that the page after was ripped. Someone didn't want me to find this. "Babe look. There's a page missing." I showed him, "Babe?" "Mike, is now the time to be teasing me about the nickname." I slightly whined as my glowing skin began to flush. "I'm just not use to you calling me nicknames like that. Not that I mind." He said looking into my eyes, from over my shoulder, with a smug grin. I turned my head to stare back at him, getting lost in his hazel eyes. Who knows how much time passed before I cleared my throat, "Are you gonna help me or not?" 

More time passed before an idea slipped into my head, "This is all about my zords. About becoming a more powerful ranger and wielder of Zords. If the black box was the key to a more powerful ranger combination and zord configuration, than-" I began to mutter out loud before Mike cut in, "Than your white box could be the key to all of this." We shared another smile, before I jumped up and grabbed the white box from my bag.

Placing it between the 6 zords that STILL haven't moved from their spots, I restarted the spell. Immediately, the box, myself, and my zords began to glow a vibrant icy blue. The zords then merged into a 6-pointed star, each end having a Kanji with a different animal to represent each of my zords. It shrank to a decent size before latching itself to the chain that my original white ranger leopard zord was on, back when I was still a toddler. 

I showed Mike, "The excitement in your eye... You've never looked so childlike until right now and it's so precious." With that he pulled me into his arms. He whispered, "I'll ask you out soon. I want it to be special; I want to go on a real date with you and have a cheesy ask out." I lifted my head to look him in the eyes, "Mike I would be happy however you asked me. You could ask me know, at 3am in our pajamas and I'd still say yes." Sharing another kiss, I curl into him, taking in his warmth as my own. This is the safest another person, who wasn't family has made me feel. I know I can see a lifetime of happiness with Mike, all I can say is that this was the happiest I've been in a very long time.

Nothing could ruin us.

Yet.