Boxed In

Authors P.O.V:

The rangers laid in the med bay of the Shiba house trying to recover. Dani was still out, Mike got out of bed and limped over to her. He sat in a chair and grabbed her hand and a wet cloth to place on her forehead. She looks so peaceful. Mentor soon walked in, "Mentor! Is she going to be alright?" Mentor sighed and looked at the impatient green ranger, "I don't know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Meanwhile~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Huh. Rescuing you has become a bit of a bad habit, but one that I surely intend to see break permanently." Deker speaks out loud, before dropping the red ranger in the river he was walking in. 

Jayden came up for air, coughing and wheezing. He turned to see Deker before attempting to stand. The half-human shook his head, "Stay under. The water will purge the poison from your systems as it blocks the spells before. It is already, now working."

Being as stubborn as ever, Jayden is hesitant to trust the hybrid. "Trust me. There's nothing I want more, then for you to be in top form." With that Jayden went back under.

"The sooner you recover, the sooner I'll finally be able to duel and bring you down."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Back at the Shiba house~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antonio has been non-stop working on the black box. Exerting himself, to save Jayden, to save Dani, to save the world. He collapsed, "Antonio" Mentor yelled, kneeling down to make sure he was okay. "I'm fine." "You have to pace yourself when using symbol power. Don't overdo it."

~~~~More arguing later~~~~

"Keep in mind, if there's another nighlok attack, you are the only one healthy enough to fight. Dani is not even conscious yet." Antonio kept programming the box before he collapsed yet again. 

"There. Formatting's done and so is my job here I guess." Antonio said, winded. "Now comes the dangerous part. Infusing the box with everyone's symbol power is incredibly dangerous, especially Daniela. But I have no doubt that you are strong enough to do it." "That's where we come in." Kevin said as he, Mia, and Emily enter the room.

"You shouldn't be out of bed. Where is Mike?" "With Dani." Emily said, "Antonio can't take this on alone." Kevin told their Mentor. "Especially since Jayden's gone and Dani's out of commission." Just then the gap sensor sounded throughout the house, alerting Mike that he should go. 

Mike stood, kissing Dani on the forehead, rushing out to the common room. "So, what do we do now?" Antonio asked, "I know what Jayden would say. Protect the innocent at all costs." "That's golden. You guys fight the nighlok. I'll find Jayden." "No! You must be here to finish the black box." Mentor told Antonio. "I can't. They're taking their power disks into battle."

Emily walked up to Antonio and handed him her disk, "Here. It's yours." The others soon followed her lead. "Thank you, guys. I know you are strong enough to fight without them."

"Make sure you make progress. Without the black box, the whole world is in danger." "I won't let you guys down. I'll do as much as I can, but without Jayden's disk, I can't finish it."