The One That Got Away

Dani's P.O.V:

I can't believe they found out. I focus all my energy and symbol power on waking myself up. Eventually I can move my fingertips, then my fingers, then my wrists, and arms. I'm in full control. I open my eyes, slightly to adjust to the lights. 

My vision comes back fully, before I finally realized that they cuffed me to the bed. I look around the room. 

No ones here.

I focus all of my symbol power, to make myself freeze off the chains. Just as I break out and grab my samuraizer, I hear footsteps, coming to the room. I quickly turn myself into a shadow, to blend in and still hear whats going on. Kevin enters the room, "GUYS! SHES GONE!!" 

Everyone else races into the room, they can't believe it. "How did she get out without us noticing?" Questioning sounds agreeing with Antonio could be heard. "We don't know if she's a threat or not. She could be working with the Nighlok." Jayden said, heated. "Come on Jay. I doubt she's working for them. She's taken down so many with us. We're a team-" "If we're such a team Mike, why didn't she tell us she was related to Deker?! Why tell us that story, her and her fathers origin story, are the Tengen Gates? She's been playing us. Manipulating us! She can't be trusted!"

"Jayden!" "No Em, She's a Nighlok. We've been giving a Nighlok access to everything we know and have." "She's still part human. Still a ranger." Emily countered. "But she's still one of them. What if she gives into her urges, like her father? What if she turns on us? Her father and her own kind have been trying to take us down. Deker wants an Ultimate Duel. They want to hurt people, who's to say she won't either." Jayden exclaims, walking out as they all look down. 

Antonio, Emily, Kevin, Mia, and Ji all walk out of the room. Mike just stands there in silence. Once their gone, "You can come out of the shadows Dani. I know your here." He whispered sadly. Not looking in my direction. I slowly emerged from the shadows, "Mike..."

"Why? Why didn't you tell us?" "Because I knew this would happen. I knew no one would ever accept or care for a Nighlok. I'm leaving. For good. My father wants to have an Ultimate Duel with Jayden. If Jayden wins, I'll never see my father again." Mike turns to look me in the eyes, he walked closer and put his hand on my cheek, wiping the tears I didn't even know were being to trail down my face. "He may be a heartless, evil, nighlok to you, but to me he's my kind, loving, caring dad. The one who raised and loved me after I lost my mother. I know this changes nothing, but know that I would never do anything to hurt you guys. You are- were family to me." I looked down, sadly.

Mike lifted my chin and placed a soft kiss on my cheek, "I believe you. Here. I was going to give this to you a while back but I couldn't find the right time." He handed me a medium-sized velvet box. Inside was the most beautiful necklace I had ever laid my eyes on. 

My eyes widened as I looked at is, He smiled down at me as I opened his present

My eyes widened as I looked at is, He smiled down at me as I opened his present. "Mike..." "I grew the flowers myself and I used symbol power to make the diamonds. I had to take it to a professional to get it made though." He said shyly and cutely. "I can't accept this. It must have cost a fortune." I told him softly, still admiring the necklace. "I got it for you, think of it as a something to remember me by. A promise that with everything going on, you'll know I'll always believe you, believe in you, and that you won't forget me while you're gone." He told me softly, smiling, looking me gently in the eyes. 

"I could never forget you. I will always be a call away. I'm going to miss you so much." I whispered in his ear, hugging him tightly. He let go of the hug, put his leather jacket around my shoulders, and turned me around to put the necklace on me. Once he finished, he turned me to look him in the eyes. Something so small, yet intimate. Mike reached out to hold my face in both hands and gently asked, "M-may. Can. Can I kiss you, Dani?" "Not yet, that can be my promise to you. That I'll return and when I do, we will be together. Alight?" I suggested with just as much tender emotion in my voice, in mine. He cutely smiled, nodded, and told me, "Go. Before the other come back." I nodded, as I went to leave. 

I turned around and told him I would be back when everything cooled over. We shared one last hug before I used my symbol power to get home, before explaining everything to Dad. I used a seal that would allow only me and him to see into/enter the cave that we called home. 

Opening the box that Daisuki gave me, I saw another black box but this one contained mostly white and gold. A letter was attached, 'My dearest Daniela, This is the White box. Made for the same purpose of the Black box, yet for Legendary Rangers Alone. Use it wisely my dear and remember, you will always be the White ranger above anything else, Including part Nighlok. You are not one of them and you never will be. With the sincerest of love, Daisuki and the Monks of the Tengen Gate.' It's good to know some people still believe the good in my heart.

Three updates in one day, Enjoy :)
Word Count: 985