The Ultimate Duel

Narrator:

It's been a long time since the rangers have seen Dani and to be frank, they were beginning to work that there have been no signs of her. 

Especially now that Deker, her father, wants a final duel with Jayden.

~~~~~~~

"You can't just fight Deker!" Kevin shouted, "Think of the consequences. We don't fight just to fight." 

"Deker threatened to harm innocents if I didn't fight him. Kevin. This must happen." Jayden tried to explain, without getting frustrated with his friend. "Think about this Jayden. What about Dani? There's no way she'll ever come back if this happens." "WE DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE DANI IS! SHE COULD HAVE SKIPPED TOWN BY NOW EM! I'm sorry. Look Dani made her choice, and it's my fault that she's gone." 

"If we find her, maybe she can help us with Deker." Emily suggested, with hope in her eyes yet slight sorrow in her voice. "He said to come alone, not to bring his daughter into this. This is for the better, Dani could be unstable if she found out." Jayden told her. "Since when do we let a Nighlok dictate how we battle?!" Kevin shouts, "I know now that Deker wont stop until Jayden duels him. We have to let him go." Mia said. She looked straight ahead, remembering her encounter with Dayu. "Mia. How could you say that?" Kevin asked her softly before he continues, "Jayden isn't just our leader. He's also the only one who has the sealing power. Jayden, you're the key to stopping the Nighlok." "Kev's right, we shouldn't risk it. Maybe Dani could stop this, she might have a way to stop her father. Before it's too late." "This discussion is over." Jayden said firmly, before leaving the room. 

After a tense moment of silence, Mia finally spoke up. "I don't know if she would help. Dani didn't seem all too keen on being around us-" Mia was, surprisingly, cut off by mentor "But she would do anything for family. Deker, no matter how much we hate it, Is her last living family. She would do anything to protect him or save him. Even if it meant giving up her life force." With that, Mentor Ji took his leave, biding them all goodnight before going to check on Jayden.

The remaining rangers sat back in guilt and worry. After hearing what mentor said, they could only hope that Dani would convince her father to give them more time. They could only wonder if she would try to save Deker, going against them in the process. Kevin, distressed on how to save someone who he considers family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dani POV:

I finally did it. 

With the help of all six of my Zords, mothers journals, and the Monks of the Tengen Gates, I have figured out to break the spell placed on my father. 

I'm travelling him from the Garden of Sleeping Stars, where only my natural and half of my Nighlok abilities work. I hope I get there in time, before father does anything too rash. I know I can save him.

I know I can save dad.

I know I can. 

He's worth it.

 What happens to me doesn't matter.