The Salvatore school

Third person POV

"The Salvatore school for the young and gifted" Hope muttered to herself whilst looking at the website on her laptop. "What are you looking at Hope?" Kol questioned curiously as Hope slammed the laptop shut. "Nothing" she said a little to quickly. "Nothing?" He questioned.

"Yep nothing uncle Kol" Hope replied slightly relieved thinking that she got away with it no questions asked. "I'll be the judge of that" he said quickly before vamp speeding and grabbing the laptop barley giving Hope time to process his actions. "Uncle Kol that's cheating I don't have super speed; okay, let's make a deal. How about I show you and you help me convince mom and dad okay?" She reasoned. "Alright then, let's see what you're so interested in" he said amused.

Hope took a deep breath before opening the laptop back up and showing Kol what was on the screen. Kol's eyes widened in shock but quickly managing to hide it, immediately realizing that it was the school Charlotte was the headmistress of. "So what do you think? I definitely think it's some sort of code for a school for supernaturals." Hope said her eyes shining in nervousness waiting for her uncles response to what she's showing him.

"I mean it could be, but you never know and we don't want to spill the secret of the supernatural to somebody who doesn't know anything about us" Kol replied hopefully trying to ease her away from the idea. "It's worth a shot asking about though right, I'm sick of being home schooled I need to get to know some people my own age, anyway I'm sure dad could figure out whether it's supernatural or not right." Hope exclaimed excitement filling up inside her.

"Yeh I think you definitely need some friends your own age but-" Kol started before getting cut off by Hope. "Thanks uncle Kol, your the best" Hope smiled as she skipped off to find Klaus and Hayley. Leaving a slightly distraught Kol hoping that his brothers paranoia would set in and deny it. No matter how much he cared for his second born niece and wanted this for her he had already made a promise to his first born one that he had been withholding since before her birth.

Klaus POV

"I already asked uncle Kol and he agrees with me so before you say no just please think about it" Hope exclaimed showing me her laptop screen. It's what I read that made me instantly deny her. 'The Salvatore boarding school for the young and gifted' "I don't know Hope, that's in mystic falls and let's just say I don't have the best reputation there" I tried to explain to Hope whilst trying not to think of Charlotte as she unintentionally popped into my mind, waves of quilt and sadness washing over me.

"Please mom, dad I just need to find people like me, where I can have friends my own age, other people to talk to besides my family and not just uncle Marcels vampire friends." She pleaded. I turned to look at Hayley and saw the conflicted look on her face. "Give me and your mother a minute to talk Hope go busy your self with something while we discuss it" I told her. "Thank you dad" She said before smiling brightly at me before she turned around and walked away.

I turned to look at Hayley. "The Salvatore boarding school for the young and gifted, it's obviously supernatural but she'll never be accepted, the Salvatores and there scooby doo gang hate our family especially you and I after the whole incident" I told her pointedly. I saw guilt flash across her face before she spoke.

"That's not what your worried about though is it, your worried if she's still there. Honestly I doubt she is, she always wanted to travel and see the world. Why would she stay in a small town like mystic falls?" Hayley told me. Honestly I agreed with her and with the last thought that Charlotte would have left to travel (no matter how much of me wanted to see her) is the only reason these next words left my mouth.

"Alright looks like we're heading to mystic falls we owe it to our daughter to give her a shot at normality" I explained to Hayley. "It's about time she gets to live her life as an actual child".She smiled at me brightly before calling everyone's own stairs.

Kol POV

For some reason Hayley called everyone into the main area of the abattoir to discuss something. My nerves were building up hoping this had nothing to do with my previous conversation with my niece. "So, Hope asked us earlier about starting a proper school with supernatural kids like herself so she could have some friends her own age and just having a shot at some sort of normality so we looked into a school that could potentially work out so tomorrow we're leaving for mystic falls, to hopefully get Hope enrolled into the Salvatore boarding school for the young and gifted" Hayley explained while smiling brightly at Hope.

I felt my stomach drop and my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest. The Salvatore boarding school, in mystic falls, the school Charlotte and Alaric had started with help from my funding in order to protect my nieces and nephews. What the hell am I supposed to do now. All I can do is help Charlotte protect the kids and pray that the kids never come in contact with their father or even Hope for that matter no doubt she'd sense their magic and realize they were the same as her.

"Mystic falls?" Rebekah questioned awkwardly. "Took the words right out of my mouth Bekah" I replied snarkily. "Are you sure that it's a good ideas to go back there after last time Niklaus" Elijah asked unsure about the whole idea. "What's so bad about mystic falls what did you guys do last time" Freya asked suspiciously (her, Hope and Marcel being the only ones who don't know what happened).

"Oh no no no, not US just Nik" I explained cockily with a smirk on my face as Klaus turned and glared at me. "What did you do that was that bad that you don't know if you can go back there dad?" Hope asked with her eyebrows scrunched slightly. "Nothing that can't be fixed sweetheart, don't worry about it, go and start packing everybody we leave for mystic falls in the morning" Klaus explained with one more menacing glare in my direction before walking away.

I knew I needed to warn Charlotte before we got there so I went outside of the abattoir to make a phone call that I've been dreading ever since I found out we'll be returning to mystic falls.

—————————————————————————————————————————-
So that wraps up the third chapter, or the first proper chapter of the book.

The next chapter will be where one of the mikaelsons meet Charlotte and soon some of the truth about Charlotte and Klaus's relationship will be revealed.

What will she do with the unexpected return of the family she was hoping to never have to come across again?

Will she be able to protect her family and keep them away from Klaus to hopefully hide the truth for as long as she can?