The storm

Klaus

I waited until I was sure Charlotte was asleep before taking my leave to confront Kol and whoever in my family had been apart of his scheme to keep my children hidden from me. My anger only growing as I got closer to the building my family resided in. Once I was past the door there was no saying what kind of reaction I would have but whatever punishment I decided on would be well deserved. I walked into the compound realizing that everyone was in one place minus hope.

"Well, isn't this lovely everyone in one place. Other than my daughter. The one we live with" I seethed. Everyone faces represent shock other than Elijah who was confused. "Looks like your faces answer my question then" I scowled. "What is the meaning of this brother?" Elijah questioned.

"Would anyone like to explain, you all know the secret" Silence "Oh come on, does nobody have anything to say?" I stared at all of their guilt ridden faces. "Nik, we.." Rebekah started. "No! I don't care what happened Rebekah. I want to know why. Why you decided to hide the fact I have two other children other that Hope and that Charlotte is their mother!" I shouted interrupting her.

"That's impossible" Elijah stated dumbfounded. "It's not, you've met Lillian and Alec yourself you must have seen the resemblance" Freya told him. "Do they know?" Elijah queried. "Yes, they always have" Rebekah spoke up. "Your awfully quiet Nik" kol stated.

"Funny you should say that actually Kol, because I've been thinking, you've told us you were there for the births of Charlottes children plus Henriks adoption therefore meaning you have known my children for 17 years. At first I thought you probably didn't know. But then I realized that Charlotte had told you not to tell me and the only reason she would say that was if you were completely aware of their biological father. So aware that you would help her keep it a secret for 17 years" I spoke getting louder.

"So tell me little brother how long have you been aware that Hope is not an only child" I fumed. "I'll give you a guess Nik, how long do you think I've known" Kol tormented. "You've known from the beginning. 8 should put you back in your box for your treachery!" I threatened. "Dad?" Hope called out.

I froze. I turned slowly to see Hopes face. She knew. I have no idea how long she's been standing there but what I did know is that it's impossible to keep the past in the past it always comes creeping back up on you, no matter how hard you try to bury things.

————————————————————————————————————————————

I'm really sorry it's taken me this long to update but I've finally finished my exams and everything so now I have free time to write again.

So this is the end of the first book. There is going to be another one after this to complete the story because I obviously can't leave you all hanging like this. Or could I....
No I'm joking, the book is going to be published tonight and the first chapter will be published either later today or tomorrow.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed book 1 of  FORBES AFFAIR see you in the next book.

-M <3