The mikaelsons return

Charlotte POV

"Hey Ric" I said as he walked into my office. "Hey Lottie, did Caroline say anything about the lead she was chasing down for the twins whole merge thing?" He questioned. "Not yet, this ones taking longer than the last ones, that's got to mean something right" I replied not taking my eyes of the stack of papers in front of me. Ring ring, ring ring came the obnoxiously loud noise from my phone.

"Are you going to answer that they seem quite persistent" Ric asked me amused at the fact I was trying to ignore it. I groaned before looking at the contact, scrunching my eyebrows when I see Kol's name pop up. I swipe to answer it slightly concerned because he never rings only FaceTimes. "Hey Kol, is everything okay you never ring?" I question trying not to worry myself over something that's probably nothing.

"I need you to stay calm and listen to what I'm about to say, okay?" He says concerning me even more. "Hold on I'm going to put you on speaker so Ric can listen to". I say before putting him on loud speaker and putting my phone on the table earning a confused glance from Alaric.

He took a deep breath before starting "My family are coming back to mystic falls." He told us. I look at Alaric eyes wide as my jaw dropped. "What, tell me we just heard you correctly, the Mikaelsons are coming here, to mystic falls?" Alaric asks repeating the words Kol had just spoke in shock.

"Yeh we're leaving New Orleans tomorrow first thing. You remember Hope don't you?" He says cautiously. "Klaus and Hayleys daughter why?" I say confusion lacing my tone. "She's the reason we're coming to mystic falls. She saw your school website and pieced it together that it was possibly for supernaturals and now we're all coming to mystic falls so Hope can enroll in your school and make some friends her own age with people like her. Klaus and Hayley looked at your website and agreed it would be good for her. I'm sorry I couldn't do anything to stop them, I tried talking her out of it." Kol explains.

"It's fine Kol, I know you did what you could, I don't mind her coming to the school we made it for kids like her, so we could help them and I'm not going to turn her away because of who her parents are. We're just going to have to keep the twins as far away from your family as possible, or all the kids for that matter." I told him. Although I was hyperventilating on the inside I needed to get over it and prepare for what's to come. "Anyway thank you for the heads up  I guess we'll be seeing you soon. Love you". "Love you too Lottie be careful and keep my nieces and nephews safe. Bye Alaric" . He said before hanging up.

"Are you okay char?" Alaric asked. "Honestly I'm not sure but I'm not the same heart broken little girl I was 17 years ago and I have a family to protect now so let's get today over with so I can prepare for there inevitable arrival and avoiding them for as long as I possibly can, I'll see you at home Ric". I said before walking out of my office. "Mom" I heard someone call from behind me. I turned around and saw Josie running towards me.

"Are you alright sweetheart?" I asked. "Yeh I'm fine but we need clean up on isle 3" Josie said to me. "Where is she?" I questioned. "Kitchen" she replied. "Alright thank you I'll go find her". I  respond before hugging her and going to find Lizzie. I heard all the banging and clattering of plates and pans being thrown all over the kitchen before I even got there.

I walking into the kitchen barley missing a knife the was thrown in my direction. "Hey mommy" A teary eyed Lizzie sniffled. "What happened sweetheart?" I asked softly whilst hugging her. We stayed there for a while while she explained to me the events of what happened to make her flip out before finding all of the other kids and heading home.

Next day

Freya POV

We had been driving for half of the day so decided not to sort out Hopes school stuff until tomorrow so I decided to head out to look around town and get food for everyone from the mystic grill. I was still quite curious on why most of my family were so bothered about coming back to a small town like mystic falls although I had a slight idea why, which piqued my interest to look around even more.

I spotted the building I was looking for which stood out compared to the rest with the bright sign saying mystic grill on the front, how original. I gave the place a once over before deciding to head inside. As soon as I walked through the entrance and immediately bumped into someone "I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was walking." I laughed awkwardly. "Don't worry about it I wasn't watching where I was going either." A girl explained.

That's when I fully looked up and realized this was one of the possible reason's why my family wanted to stay away from this town. This was the girl from most of Klaus's paintings. "I'm guessing your new to town I haven't seen you around before, I'm Charlotte". She said whilst smiling brightly. "Yeh me and my family just moved here actually, I'm Freya it's lovely to meet you" I replied.

"Mom, what's taking so long" a girl with blonde asked whilst walking towards us. "Your a witch" she said while squinting her eyes and tilting her head slightly. "Lizzie" she scolded the girl. "No it's fine honestly, your a witch too" I replied laughing slightly, Charlotte looked a little shocked. "How did you?" Charlotte started before stopping in confusion.

"I'm here in mystic falls so me and my family can enroll my niece in the Salvatore boarding school for the supernatural" I explained. "Oh, really I guess it's lucky we walked into each other then, I'm the headmistress at the school me and my friend opened it for the kids. Here take this card it has everything you'll need to get her started, just call the number at the bottom and we can get you a viewing appointment booked" she told me with a grin.

Well I definitely see why Klaus always paints her she's pretty and is extremely nice, maybe even too nice to be involved in Mikaelson drama. "Thank you, I'll call sometime later. Well I've got to go but it was lovely meeting you Charlotte" I smiled. "Yeh you too Freya." She said before leaving.

—————————————————————————————————————————-

What do you think about this chapter?

I'm not sure how I feel about it, it's just a bit of a filler chapter so I can make everything add up.

Will Freya tell everyone that she saw the mystery girl from the paintings?

I was debating wether to make davina be at the grill with Freya but I decided since she already knows davina it would blow her cover about the fact she knows about her kids.

Basically just to clear some things up Davina knows Charlotte is Kol's best friend and they have spoke on FaceTime and have never actually spoke in person but is also in on helping find away out of the Gemini merge, she also knows Klaus cheated on her. The kids all know her as aunt Davina.