Its been awhile

Klaus POV

I was up all night not being able to sleep trying to figure out what I was going to say to Charlotte when I saw her again. I wasn't expecting her to still be in this one pony town. I was quite disappointed to find out she had possibly never left and something had kept her here for 17 years but then that brought on the question why would she stay, what was it that detoured her dreams of travel, what's so important that she had to stay in mystic falls. When I heard she was with a child I was ready to break everything in the house thinking of the possibility that she had a child and it was with another man.

The thought of her being with another man made me feel physically sick. Then I thought she is helping run a school and it's probably just one of her students that was boarding there. I secretly wished that was the reason and it wasn't because she'd moved on even if it was selfish of me to think so. Charlotte Amelie Forbes is the only person I love and have ever truly loved and to think I'm not the only man she's ever loved brings up way to many emotions I'm not fully familiar with.

We had to get ready to be at the school at 9:30 and it was already 8am so I didn't have much time to prepare. There wasn't a very high chance Hope wouldn't get accepted into the school because of my background with these people and I didn't want for her to be disappointed if she didn't end up getting accepted.

Time skip

Third person POV

It was now 9:30 and Alaric was waiting at the gate for the Mikaelsons arrival. Constantly checking his phone hoping that Charlotte would say they were quick and were already almost at the school so he wouldn't have to start it alone. However that's not quite how it went. "Well it looks like you've upgraded from being a history teacher" Rebekah exclaimed.

"Yeah it seems so" he replied. "Anyway, I'm Alaric Saltzman headmaster of the Salvatore boarding school and you must be Hope" Alaric said whilst putting out his hand for Hope to shake which she did so with a smile. "Miss Forbes will be joining us shortly, she just has something to attend to but she will be the one sorting out all your forms and everything to get you settled into the school if you decide you want to attend". Alaric explained.

"Hey dad" Lizzie said while eyeing the Mikaelsons suspiciously. "Aren't you supposed to be in class Lizzie?" He questioned his daughter. "Well Yeh but I um" she started to say whilst scratching the back of her neck awkwardly. "Go" he replied before turning back to the Mikaelsons. "Sorry about that, let's continue". He told them before starting the tour.

Klaus looked at Freya in question to which she nodded showing that this was the girl she met at the grill. He visibly relaxed finding out that Lizzie was Alaric's daughter and no longer thinks that she has any relation to Charlotte.

The Mikaelsons had just finished the tour of the school about to head up to Charlottes office before she walked through the door with Caroline and Damon. Klaus's breath hitched in his throat when he looked at her before quickly recovering. Charlotte looked at everyone before locking eyes with Klaus making her whole body freeze before clearing her throat as she recomposes her self.

"I'm Charlotte Forbes, headmistress of the Salvatore boarding school. You must be Hope it's lovely to meet you" Charlotte explained before putting out her hand for Hope to shake which she politely returned. "Right so Alaric should have given you the tour so we'll head up to my office to start paperwork and answer any questions you have" she smiled before leading them to her office. "Take a seat" she told them whilst pointing to the sofas in her office.

Charlotte was about to start the paperwork before everyone heard voices coming from the other side of her door. "No you knock" said one voice. "No you do it, it was your idea" the other voice explained. "Oh move I'll do it" the last voice spoke before they came barging into the office. Everyone abruptly turned around to face the door as Charlotte grew worried by Lizzie, Josie and Henrik barging in.