forty

We head to Tannyhill. We get out of the van and peak over the wall.

"He's got the truck,"JJ says.

John B shushes him. "Stay low, stay low, stay low."

We watch the truck pull up in front of the house and Rafe get out.

"How much do you wanna bet Rafe has the cross inside that truck right now?" Pope says.

Rafe heads into the house.

"There's only one way to find out," Sarah tells us.

She goes to walk away but John B stops her. "Hey, hey. Wait."

"What?" Sarah asks.

"Look, before you volunteer on this death mission, I need to know a couple things," John B says.

"'Death mission,' that sounds familiar," Sarah remarks.

"Okay, look, Sarah, I just have questions," John B tells her.

"About what?" Sarah asks.

"Us," John B tells her.

"Us?" Sarah questions.

"Yeah, Sarah, come on," John B says.

"You wanna talk about us right now?" Sarah asks.

"Yes. I... I... I'm sorry, okay?" John B tells her. "I'm... I'm sorry. And... and I should have said it sooner." John B pulls something out of his pocket. "I want you to have this back. Will you take it?"

Sarah looks at John B for a moment before pulling him in for a kiss. "Does that answer your question?"

"Yeah," John B tells her.

"And yeah, I want this back," Sarah says before walking off towards her house.

"Okay. Be safe," John B tells her.

I turn to Topper. "I'm going with her."

Topper nods his head. "I know."

I smile slightly as I kiss him. I pull myself up and over the wall. "Sarah."

"What are you doing?" Sarah asks.

"Going with you," I tell her. "We do this together."

Sarah and I head over to the truck. Sarah steps up to look in the truck. She shakes her head as she holds her hands out.

"I don't know what to do. I need the keys," Sarah says.

"Come back," John B tells her.

"I'm going inside. I'll be fine. I'll be fine," Sarah tells them.

"I guess I'm going with you," I tell her.

As quietly as we can Sarah and I make our way into the house. We head to Rafe's room. I can see the keys on his dresser but before we can grab him the doorknob to the bathroom starts to turn. Sarah and I back out of the room. Instead we head to see Wheezie.

"Oh," Wheezie says when she sees us.

"Hey," I tell her.

"Rose was looking for you. She said we're going on a trip or something," Wheezie tells us.

"I'm not going anywhere with her," I state.

Wheezie sighs. "Not according to her. By the way, where have you been?"

"Trapped in the weirdest three days of my life. I have so much to tell you," Sarah tells her. "And I'm so sorry to ask you for another favor, but right now, Ash and I need your help."