forty one

"Nice work, John B. You know these things lock from the outside, right?" JJ tells him.

"Okay, I was just trying to get us on the boat, JJ. I wasn't thinking that far ahead," John B admits.

"We're stuck in here like rats," JJ states.

Kie takes her jacket off. "It's hot."

"In this death cage," JJ says.

"Okay, JJ, you're not helping," Pope tells him.

"You don't have a lot of room to talk right now, Pope," JJ argues. "You said you had a plan, but what happened to thinking ahead?"

"I find your lack of self-knowledge disturbing," Pope states.

JJ laughs. "Last I checked, you literally shot an oil container with the gat. Remember that?"

I step between both of them. "Oh my God! Shut up. Shut up! Pull it together."

JJ sighs. "Okay."

"Let's try to find a way out of here," Pope offers.

It feels like it's been hours since we got on the boat. I have no idea where we are or where we're going. It just keeps getting hotter in here and all of us are on edge.

"Hey, Pope, how do you kill a snake?" JJ asks.

"You go for the head," Pope tells him.

"Exactly. But the head, in this instance, is the bridge. To take the bridge, we need maximum firepower. And I happen to know that there's an armory on this ship in case of pirate attacks," JJ tells us.

"Pirate attacks," Kie says.

"If we take that...  I'm not just talking pistols," JJ tells us.

"Alright you lost me," Kie tells him.

"I'm talking knives," JJ continues.

"Killing everybody here is not a plan," Kie tells him before walking off to the other end of the container.

"Ah, we lost her. I'm serious. If we get to the armory, I'm talking AKs, pistols, knives, double-barrels..." JJ keeps going on.

John B grabs JJ. "JJ!"

"What?" JJ asks.

"We gotta get out of here," John B tells him. "We can't do anything if we're still stuck in here."

"If I get enough pressure, I can Spartan kick that thing open," JJ insists.

"You're not kicking shit," I tell him.

"Ash..." JJ starts.

"Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!" Pope says.

"Guys," Kie says.

"Then what do you got, Einstein?" JJ asks Pope.

"Guys!" Kie shouts. "Hey." She gestures with her head.

"She's got something. Quiet," John B tells us.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," JJ remarks.

"Just move with her," Pope says.

Kie is standing in front of a vent.

"Can we fit though that, yeah?" Kie asks.

"Hell yeah. Nice one, Kie," John B tells her.

"What was that about a Swiss Army knife not coming in handy?" JJ taunts.

"Just stop it," John B tells him.