Chapter 2

Now ~ Evelyn

Evelyn is able to avoid Fred for the rest of the first night, hurrying off with Luna and Padma after they invite her to their room. She purposefully doesn't look for him when she leaves the dining hall, just hoping that the crowd of students is enough to disguise her from the red-headed boy.

Her eyes widen when they enter the common room, her neck stretched back so she can look at the ceiling while they walk to the dorms.

She hadn't taken in the common room much when she'd seen it the first couple of times, but Merlin, it's beautiful at night. It's a circular dome-like room, the walls round and stretched upwards until they reach the curved ceiling. The night sky outside of the glass walls blends with the ceiling that's painted like the night sky, the deep blue of the combined skies complimenting the blue tones of all of the furniture and surrounding art in the room. Her eyes are wide as she takes it in until Luna drags her away from it.

"I can't believe you have a single room," Padma grumbles as they walk past her own room to get to theirs.

Evelyn chuckles. "Would you rather they shove an extra bed into your room?"

Padma huffs, not answering.

Their room is a bit bigger than hers, each queen-sized bed on opposite sides of the room. Luna's bed has a cream-colored comforter with all different kinds of flowers and herbs decorating it while Padma has a deep blue one with a cream-colored paisley design on it, contrasting Lunas beautifully. She guesses that all of the Ravenclaw rooms are made up of the same shades of blue, for everything else in their room very closely resembles her own.

"So, do I get to meet Ginny yet?" she asks once she throws herself down onto Luna's bed.

Luna laughs. "Not tonight, I don't think. I'm pretty sure she has plans with Fred."

Evelyn rolls her eyes and moves back on the bed until she's resting against the headboard.

"So," Padma says and flops down onto her stomach on the bed, peering up at Evelyn with her head propped up on her hands. "Tell us everything about you."

Evelyn laughs, shaking her head. "I can hardly do that all in one night. What do you want to know?"

Luna sits down on the bed beside her. "Do you have a partner?"

Evelyn blushes and nods. "I have a boyfriend, yeah."

Padma rolls her eyes, apparently still stuck on that aversion to the male gender. Evelyn doesn't blame her all that much.

Luna kicks Padma lightly with her foot. "Yeah? What's he like?"

"Well, his name's Nick. We dated for about a year at my old school, but we actually broke up before summer because we didn't know if we were ready to do long distance. We got back together a week ago, apparently, neither of us could stand being apart, so we're going to give long distance a try."

Luna 'aww's. "Do you love him?" she asks.

She nods. "Yeah, 'course."

"So when do we get to meet this boy who was apparently okay with breaking up with you just because he couldn't see you as often?" Padma asks, not hiding her distaste that she already has for the boy she's never met before.

Evelyn scoffs. "Shut up, I was the one who suggested the break-up. And I think he'll be visiting in a couple of weeks, actually. There's a field trip up close to here or something."

Luna smiles widely. "Oh, that will be so fun. We can all go to Hogsmeade together sometime."

Evelyn nods. "Oh, on that topic, is he allowed to sleep here? I don't know what the rules are about that."