Chapter 15

~ Evelyn ~

A few weeks have passed since Fred vowed to 'woo' Evelyn, and she can't take it anymore. She thought that maybe he would give up at some point if she waited for long enough, thought that he would get bored with her, but it's just gotten worse as time has gone on. It was fine for the first week -- she could accept some opened doors and someone to walk her to her classes -- but something had changed after that.

First, she'd gotten a little delivery one night. There had been a quick knock at her door and when she'd gone to open it, she'd been met with a stack of her favorite muggle chocolate with a note attached to it, the hallway empty when she'd looked to check. The note had been simple, just Fred's name signed after a heart, which is something that she has long since grown accustomed to.

There had been more gifts after that, just little knick-knacks with a "Saw this and thought of you" attached to it or flowers or more chocolate. She could never catch him when he'd leave them at her door, no matter how quickly she'd race to catch him.

He still continues to wait outside of her door every morning to walk her to breakfast, then walk with her and Ginny to class. No matter how many times she's found him outside of her door, she's still always shocked that he's kept it up for this long. He still opens doors for her and carries her bag, no matter how often she tells him that she doesn't need him to do these things.

At some point during the past few weeks, he's also apparently decided to spend time with her outside of classes and meals. She'd been working by herself in the library one day, finally able to get some of her work done in silence, when he'd appeared next to her.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, even though she knew that there probably wouldn't be a logical answer.

He'd shrugged, an innocent smile plastered on his face. "Studying."

He'd just turned back to his book and worked silently alongside her, unbothered by her stare as she looked over him suspiciously. She turned back to her work once she deemed that he wouldn't be distracting and they'd worked silently for the rest of the night, apart from the question that she'd asked him about Herbology.

"What the hell does this even mean?" she asked, loud enough for it not to just be to herself but quiet enough for Fred to likely wonder if the question was rhetorical or not.

"Can I take a look?" he asked hesitantly after a moment.

She just nodded and handed the book to him, watching as he quickly scanned what she was learning about.

He thoughtfully and patiently explained it to her, checking to make sure that she was understanding what he was saying as he taught it. Once he was done explaining, hewent right back to his work, giving her a little smile before he did.

It had been... nice.

After that had come the list. The list is what really got her, what really made her wish that he would give up.

There'd been an owl pecking at her window one night and when she'd sleepily opened the window to see what she'd gotten, she saw that it held a little scrap of parchment between its beak. She'd confusedly taken it and read the messy scrawl that was written across it, her brows furrowing while she did.

#1  The way your eyes crinkle when you smile

It hadn't been signed, but she'd known who it was from.

Then came another the night after:

#2  How genuinely kind you are