Chapter 10: Spotlight

Its now back to Hogwarts for you, Ron, Hermione, Harry and Ginny. Since the Weasley twins apparently graduated last year, midst your goodbyes you see a familiar face in the horde of students entering the train, Alexis Lesley Montague. You thought to yourself. Soon later you enter the train into a compartment and found an excuse to hopefully see your old friend.
———
Y/n POV
As i was searching the train with everyone already seated and the train on the go, a familiar voice caught my attention "Y/n L/n.." with those words sliding out a boys mouth you swing yourself around only to be met by a hug "Alex!" You called out, as you soon both broke the hug "how have you been? No need to explain.. i know about the mission" he says "yes but- "i said no need, i know your in the order" he cuts me off "how'd you know?" I asked "Arthur is a good friend of my father, they tell each other nearly everything" he says smiling, which soon turned to a frown "look, even if your a death eater now, and you have the mark. Your still my friend...you always will be, I'm just glad you've found yourself again. Im glad you chose the light" he says hoping it would reassure me, which luckily it did.
———
We both entered the compartment with Harry, Hermione, and Ron in it "Y/n? Who's this?" Hermione asks "Alexis Lesley Montague, nice to meet you" he says shaking all three of their hands, "is he?...is he? A- "deatheater? No. Im simply just a normal Pureblood living life" He says.
———
The train ride was full of chatter, getting to know Alex. Ron seemed to have known him he says his dad talks alot about the Montague's ever since his 1st year at hogwarts.
~ flashback ~
———
Ron POV
"You know Quentin is a very reliable person, he's even got a son! his name is Alex" dad says "Quentin says Alex has got a good friend Y/n. Was his name?" Dad says again, the rest of the dinner was Alex this Quentin that Y/n here Y/n that. yata-yata-yata.
"Arthur? I think we should focus on dinner" mum says motioning toward us.
———
~ end of flashback ~
As we got to Hogwarts, after the sorting ceremonies for the first years, luckily for you. The death eaters pulled some strings to get you directly to the same year as Draco, so that you wouldn't be years behind them. Anyways.. Harry hasn't showed up yet, i did see him take his cloak, I'm guessing he's eavesdropping on Draco? Why else.
———
Eventually after Hermione smacked Ron about 5 times in the shoulder with a book, Harry showed up. "What happened to your nose?" Ginny asked, as Harry soon replied with a short "later" Ginny looked worried, although Harry has been covered in blood a lot these days.. "sweetheart?" I whispered to Hermione "what is it?" She asked "are you okay?" I asked "I'm fine.. why? Do i look odd?" She asks "no no.. your perfectly fine." I said with smile as she returned it with a peck on the cheek.
———
"Hey Guys!" Alex says in his Hufflepuff Robes, along with a girl. Also in Hufflepuff Robes "this is Katie, my friend" he says introducing her. "Mind if we sit?" He asks "not at all" we all replied. As Alex took a seat beside me, and Katie took a seat beside Hermione they both whispered something in our ears.
———
Y/n POV
"Your lucky your dating the smartest witch in practically all of Hogwarts"
Hermione POV
"Your lucky Y/n chose you, he rejects nearly anyone who asks him"
———
Me, Harry, Ron, Ginny, Hermione, Alex and Katie we're all headed to our common rooms, while on the way there me and Hermione couldn't help but stay behind a bit "Katie whispered something to you?" I asked "yep. Alex, you?" She asked "yup.." i replied as we both decided to catch up to the 5.
———
Harry POV
We headed to the Hufflepuff common room by the kitchens to drop off Katie and Alex, we soon headed to the Dungeons to drop Y/n off, then us four were off to our own Common room, once we got there Ron almost immediately started talking about Katie.
———
"Shes pretty... i might ask her out.. if Alex isn't already doing that" he says "if I hadn't known any better, I'd say you fancy her" Hermione says, leaving the couch and wishing us all a good night. "She isn't wrong you know.." I replied "when is she ever wrong.." Ron replied annoyed as Ginny came over.
———
"Did you hear?" She asks taking a seat beside Ron "nearly everyone is talking about a student.. i just don't know who specifically." She says "maybe....Alex?...Katie?" I guessed "no... cant be them..... Y/n! Its Y/n!" She says "Y/n? Why Y/n?" Ron asks "the whole school must've somehow knew Y/n isn't bad anymore.. well.. they still have the mark but.." Ginny says "how would the school know?" I asked. "Don't know but.. Y/n has to be extremely careful, Draco could know about this.. and the death eaters might go after Y/n.." Ginny says "she's got a point" Ron answered.
———
Y/n POV
"Y/n! I know about the Order" Draco says "u-um...." I replied "but... its alright... i wont tell on you.." He says "How do i know your not lying?" I asked "cause i never wanted this mark..." he says walking away.
————————————
- Time-skip -
The next day
————————————
As i was walking through the corridors to get to my class, i spotted a familiar bushy-brown-haired girl on the way. "Hello...My love" i said "must've been hard with out me?" I said with a hint of sarcasm "oh..it was so, so hard.. i didn't think i would even live" she said, putting her hand over her chest to make it more dramatic. We both laughed it off, and headed to class.
————————————
As we walked the halls, everyone either gave me weird looks, or just ignored me. Hermione clearly saw how uncomfortable i was, cause she tightened her grip on my hand. Catching my attention, "just ignore them..." she says pulling herself closer to me, as i responded with a weak smile.