Chapter 9

Heyy guys! Don't you just hate my cliff-hangers? ;) I know you do but I love leaving the chapters like that :P Anyway, thanks for all the support so far and keep voting! Thank you! Lana XxXxXxXxxxXxXx

Chapter 9 Jess' POV

"Who's this?" I ask down the phone. It's not Louis or Niall. It couldn't be Zayn. Liam maybe?

"It's Harry."

My eyes widen and I see Filo's ears prick up when he hears the name Harry on the other end. I'm so shocked I nearly drop my phone. Whoops. 

I jump out of bed and quickly pick it up, ruining my comfortable position. "Hello? You still there Haz?"  Shit. Harry, Jess. Not Haz.

"Yeah I'm still here. What the hell did you do?" He laughs.

"I dropped the phone. I was that shocked you actually took the time to call me." I immediately regret my choice of words again. Stop being so rude Jess!

"I'm not that mean y'know, I still consider you a friend... well I'd like to still consider you a friend."

"Really? That's not how it looked today..." Oh god, I don't want to start another argument.

"Look, I just wanted to say I'm sorry about earlier. I shouldn't have started an argument between us. The past is in the past and it should stay that way. Right now, I'm just looking forward not behind."

Well that's sweet of him, taking the blame for once, "It's fine, we both had a lot to say, it's a pity we couldn't say it without wanting to pull each others hair out."

"You want to pull my hair out?"

"As lovely as yours may be Styles, today I was nearly on the verge of yanking those curls out." I laugh. This is good I guess, it's not as awkward as I thought it would be.

"I knew you loved my hair, you're the one that told me not to cut it before X-Factor, remember?"

"Of course I remember! And look at you now, you're known for your curly locks, all thanks to me."

"Well, you can't take all the credit, I didn't want to cut it either, Mum did."

"Oh yeah, how is your Mum by the way?"

"She's good, you should see the house now. We got a huge exstension onto the kitchen. Oh and the living-room has a picture of me, you and Gemma hanging above the mantelpiece; it looks like they worship us." He laughs.

"Oh my god, is that the one we got done by that photographer guy when we were like ten?"

"Yeah, it's actually my Mum's favourite picture. I didn't really know what to say when I first saw it..."

"Yeah, I suppose it is a bit... strange? Speaking of pictures, Mum and Dad were clearing out the attic and they found an old box with my stuff in it. There was a photo album in it and some of the photos in it are hilarious."

There's an awkward silence for about 10 seconds, leaving me a bit speechless. Should I have brought up the good times or was it too soon? "I'll have to see them sometime." Harry replies, interupting my thoughts and our awkward silence.

"Yeah, there's some really nice ones of everyone. I was thinking of getting one framed tomorrow."

"We could meet up tomorrow if you want. I'm not busy, for once."

I think for a moment... Is that a good idea? Meeting up with him after seeing him today? Today didn't exactly go like a warm reunion. "Yeah, sure, that sounds good but erm... what about Frankie? Will she not be a little suspicious or something?"

"Well, me and her had a fight earlier just after you left and let's just say, the ending wasn't happy."

"Oh God. It wasn't to do with me, was it?"

"It was but don't blame yourself. I've been trying to get out of this relationship for a while. I should be thanking you right now."

"Oh... so are you still together?"

"No."

"Oh, I'm s-"

"Jess." Harry interrupts.

"What?" I ask, scared of what he's going to say.

"I emm have to go. I'll drop by your house tomorrow say, 12 o'clock?"

"Erm yeah here's the address." I give him my address, wondering about what he really wants to say.

"Bye Jessie." He says in a silly voice, making me smile.

"Bye Hazza." I laugh.

I hang up and smile to myself. At least we're both talking to each other but I don't like like him, just like him. Like a friend, sort of. Oh I don't know. I grab my phone and set the alarm on it for 9:00, that way I'll have plenty of time to get ready before he comes.

I want to look my best for him, obviously, but I don't want to look too made up, as if I've tried too hard.  I lift Filo and bring him up close to me, snuggling into his fur. I hug him tight before letting my head hit the pillow in exhaustion...