Chapter 10

Aella's P.O.V:

The Royal Family. Well known, and that would be an understatement. The moon goddess gives them powers/ gifts when they are born. Like many centuries ago, a girl was born and she was the first and last female born to the royal's and last female to be known to have powers. She had the elemental power which was rumored to be the best and powerful than the others. No one else had that power after her.

It was also a known fact that the royal family had to be ruling. They had announced that they had given over their throne to Aaron for some 'personal reasons' unknown to anyone. They even said that once the capable one comes of age, they would take over the throne.

And here they were, staring at me. I turned to look at Chris and gave him a look which clearly said, ' Why the **** did you bring me here?'

"Oh right! Can you remove your cloak?" He asked.

I tensed up. No I didn't want to wake him up.

"Just for a few minutes." He pleaded, giving me the puppy dog eyes.

I sighed but nodded.

"But don't freak out." I warned them. They looked confused but nodded, nonetheless.

I was wearing a black shirt and black pants with black combat boots underneath. Not that fashion kind of combat boots, but which was actually was capable in the world.

I removed the cloak. A hissing sound could be heard. Oh no I interrupted his nap time. I thought.

Suddenly the woman in front of me screamed. They all turned to stare at her wordlessly with a questioning look.

"I-s-s-s tha-t a snak-ke? She stuttered, obviously scared, pointing at him.

"Oh him?" I asked as I stroked the large snake. He had his large tail over my shoulder while he wrapped himself loosely around my neck with his head lazily resting on my other shoulder.

"Meet Shadow. He is actually a sweetheart and is quite small for his age. But he is cute isn't he?" I asked and subconsciously a small smile graced my lips as I lovingly gazed at Shadow.

Shadow was almost 5 and half feet in length and double the size of my hand. He was fully black, dark black which almost looked like Venta Black. He had obsidian eyes with a tint of amber specks. When I first saw him, I was mesmerised by his eyes color.

"Hh-e is-s sma-l-l?" A gruff voice questioned. I looked up at this and it was then that I noticed the pale faces of the family. They were actually scared of him?

"Ya, in the forest there was not enough food, so he is actually small. I found him in the middle of a fire actually and surprising he wasn't burning. From then, I took care of him and trained him." I continued my babbling. "He grew bigger and heavier but still like to perch himself on me so I was accustomed to it and then made his training more complicated and harder as he grew. Watch this." I told and lowly whistled.

The whistle was not even audible to the werewolves but at this, Shadow slithered on the ground making everyone jump back and he fell limp as if he were dead.

I whistled again, he relaxed and came towards me and went back to his original position on my shoulders.He felt proud that he had showed them all what he could do. It was as if I could feel his emotions in me, maybe it was because he was staying with me since when he was little?

I smiled like a proud mother and turned my gaze to the bewildered faces of them all. William had seen all this before, but still was amazed at how nicely we clicked together and how easily he followed my command.

"Don't worry, he wont bite." I said reassuringly and their faces regained their colors a bit.

"Doesnt bite only you." William mumbled quite loudly as he rubbed a spot on his arm where situated was a scar which looked like 2 little punctures. That was where Shadow had bitten him. William had thought that it would be nice to tease Shadow when he was clearly hungry by running around with Shadow's meat. Let's just tell that William learnt his lesson.

They all paled even more at this.

I gave him a pointed look that shut him up quite quickly.

I cleared my throat and stood straighter. "Anyway, why am I here?" I asked.

"Oh ya right, I forgot about that. But, see Mrs. Kingsley, doesn't she awfully look similar to you all?" He questioned causing all of their gazes come on me and study my features.

"Yes dear, you are quite right. Can you please come here, dear?" She asked and indicated the last sentence to me.

I let out a little whistle which made Shadow unwillingly unwind himself from me and slither to the ground. I knew that if he stayed anywhere near, she wouldn't even think of approaching me.

I nodded and went over to her.

"Can you turn around my dear?" She asked

I furrowed my eyebrows and opened my mouth to argue but she pleaded again.

I turned so that my back was facing her front. She pushed my hair to the side. She froze suddenly. I could hear the eerie silence of the house.Then she stumbled back letting me go.

"She is the one. " I heard her whisper, still my back facing her.

"Really?" A new male voice asked laced with surprise and happiness.

"Yes, the birthmark. It was there." I heard her reply.

"What birthmark?" I asked making everyone look at me weirdly.

"Are you alright Al dear? They haven't spoken a word." William said.

"No I just heard her and another voice and she said about a birthmark." I said subconsciously rubbing the birthmark which was near my neck, just below my ear.

The family stared at me in shock.

"She really is the one! She could hear us through the family bond!" 

-#_#-

Hellllooooooo wolllfiieessss!!!!

And this is where the story gets juicy!! 

What do you think about it so far? 

Do you like Shadow? 

Family Bond? What the **** is Family Bond? (My mom doesn't do well with using bad words. So, no cursing in this book.) 

Get to know alllll your answers in the upcoming chapters! Oooh, before I forget,  new characters even in next chapter!!

This is just the beginning!!

The story only gets interesting from here. 

Ok thats it!

Byeeeeeee!!!!!

Thank You!

- Your Author