Chapter 13

Louis's P.O.V :

"I have a little frog.

His name is Tiny Tim,

I put him in the bathtub,

To see if he could swim,

He drank up all the water,

And gobbled up all the soap,

And when he tried to talk,

He had a bubble in his throat." I sang as I brushed my hair.

My hair sat atop my head in dreadlocks. I looked good.

"Louis! Come down here right now! " My 'dad' yelled (more like a command yelled) from downstairs.

My dad, Henry, was a white man.

My mom, Shantelle, was a black woman.

They both were mates who gave birth to a son – me and a daughter – Lillian.

Our father favored Lillian the most, as she looked like him, with hazel eyes, fair skin, and brown hair. She was short, very short, and very very very cute.

I, on the other hand, was favored by my mother more because I looked like her – black eyes, dark brown hair, and brown skin. I like my father, was tall and well built.

I loved Lillian, she was a few years younger than me and she was sooooooo CUTE!! Like, who couldn't love her?

"What is taking so long? Come down here!" My father's yelling snapped me out of my trance.

"Yes, father," I replied. I had stopped calling him "Dad" from that day.

"What is it, Father? I asked as I reached downstairs.

"There is a bonfire tonight. I need you to go collect the logs and all that and get everything ready for tonight." He said.

"Ok father, but I need some breakf-" I got cut off by him.

"No! You will get out of this house now and complete everything. Only then will you receive your food. Understand?!" He yelled, which made spit spew out of his mouth and land on my face.

I muttered very colorful words under my breath as I walked out of the house after wiping my face with my sleeve.

They chop wood once in a while and store it in the storehouse, but I doubt any wood is there in there. For the last bonfire, I think we had used them all up. I thought that I would go there once to check, I thought.

I first went to the storehouse. It was empty, all except a mouse. Ok, time to ask someone.

I had not seen a single person on my way here, except for the occasional wandering guards. I wonder where they are, I thought.

"Rose told us yesterday that today her daughter will be practicing her elements. If I remember correctly, it should be at the edge of the woods, just outside the packhouse. Maybe everyone is there." My wolf, Ajax recommended.

"Thanks" I chimed.

Well, I will go there, I concluded.

This community was huge. At least 300+ werewolves were living here. Even if there were so many people, everyone knew everyone.

Because of this, when Aella arrived, she brought, along with her a huge wave of rumors and gossip. Everyone had started talking about her, apparently, she looked like a goddess. I had not seen her yet, so I had to still verify it for myself.

The snapping of a twig nearby made me break out of my trance.

I looked up, it was a guard. Thank god! I could ask him where the logs were.

"Hey!" I called out, waving my arms around.

"Yes, Louis?" He asked.

"Do you know where the logs are? The chopped ones?" I asked.

"Yeah, down this road, then turn left where Mandy had planted her apple tree then go straight till the "special pine tree". Then take a right. You will get there. But you be careful,alright?  There will be all the ropes, axes and all those sharp things " He clarified.

"Yup, thanks!" I thanked him relieved.

We knew everyone, so whatever happened, everyone would know.

They called it 'the special pine tree" as the tree was in the middle of the forest on which the kids had built a treehouse along with their parents for the third anniversary of this pack.

There was a winding flight of stairs going up to the middle and then there was this huge platform with barriers for the edges. I had heard that it took a lot of time, so it was extremely special considering the effort and love put into making it.

As I reached the pine tree, I took a right and walked a little, and lo and behold, there it was, all the wood.

I did some 'motivational sighing' and started.

"Ok! You can do this Louis! You can do this!" I cheered for myself as I started to lift one of the heavy logs.

----

"You can't do this Louis! You can't!" I was now half dragging the log, half-dragging myself. I was not even out of the forest but I was full-on sweating. If I took a few steps, I would be on the border of the forest, but I could not. I was extremely tired.

I heard some commotion coming from the other side of the forest, where the packhouse stood. So, I hid behind a thick tree and peeked out.

And then I saw her. She stood there, towering over many people. Even though she was wearing a sports bra and shorts she was beautiful. She had no makeup on her and even more frustratingly, she looked like she didn't need it.

Her tanned skin glistened and shone with sweat and the sun's rays made her glow. She looked heavenly... as if I wasn't worthy enough to even look at her. Her body was littered with small scars, but instead of hiding them, she showcased them to the world with pride. There was even a small but deep scar on her throat. I wondered about how her voice would sound with that.

She had brown blackish hair which reminded me of the beautiful bark of a dark oak tree. Her bluey purple eyes looked like the sky in due of the moon. Her eyes shone with confidence as a few strands escaped from her bun.

Her hands were making a circular motion just in front of her stomach. Suddenly, a windy ball was formed in her hand.

Everyone gasped and took a step back, even I did.

The last anyone saw that happen was long ago when Nana Char- no one liked to talk about it anymore.

She lifted her hands to her chest and flung it forward.

Everyone watched in stunned silence as the ball shot through the air.

It hit a tree. The tree cracked under the pressure and hit the ground with a thud.

It was silent for a second before an ear-piercing banshee-like screech was heard, which made all the birds fly away.

-#_#-

Hiiiiiiiiii!!!!

I had not posted in a looooooonnnggg time, so, here is a loonnngggg chappterrr.

So, what do you think will happen next?

And that person who screamed? 

Find out in the next chapter!!!

So, that's it for today folks. 

Byyeeeee

Thank You!

- Your Author