Harry- 6. Chocolate?

I just happen to create a character.

Warnings: mentions of blood, fire and death

_

He felt desperate.

Desperate to see his friends once again before he left...desperate to make sure they live, even though he doesn't...desperate to let her know how what she meant for him like they'd never meet again.

As his trainers hammered on the eerie stoned floor and refracted into the corridor, his mind was blinding with thoughts.

What was going to happen tonight?

He'd never know.

As soon as he pulled himself through the portrait hole, he was violently tugged inside (he missed hitting a stinky amour by a hair's length).

Oh, Hermione.

"Harry, what did Dumbledore say? Are you alright?"

"Yes," he lied without a second though as he followed her uncomplainingly into the boys' dorm where his other two friends were waiting for him.

He tried a lot to ignore the sweaty feelings in his palm as he looked at her. "I've to go."

Hermione gasped at the words that had barely cascaded out of his mouth, and Ron eyes dilated in horror...but Y/n, she wore an incomprehensible look on her face.

Her lips quivered at his words. Not again.

It was the only thing she heard from him every year.

I have to go...

"But, Harry-"

"I don't have time, please, just listen," he tried to avoid her pleading glances as he turned to rummage through his trunk, "Dumbledore won't be there in the castle tonight, and I know it was Malfoy celebrating in the Room of Requirements. Keep a look on him while I'm not here," he handed Ron the marauders without letting him utter a word. "Those enchanted coins still work, Hermione?"

"Harry-"

"No! Listen to me! Contact as many DA members as you can. And, Y/n," he turned his gaze to her, his voice sounded dangerously low and brittle as he clasped her hand in his, silently thrusting a lump of the sock into her cold hand. "Divide it between yourselves."

"Harry- no! I'm not listening to you unless you listen to me- got that?" she sniffled away hastily on her sweater sleeve as she opened the old cloth with trembling fingers. "You need it more than us because you are going to be in danger, rather than us-"

"Y/n, I don't want to argue with you at the moment," he tried to contain the tears that were threatening to spill from the brim of his glistening eyes. "Nothing would happen to me. I'd be with Dumbledore."

She let her head down a little as his words spun crazily like a vinyl disk in her head.

I've to go...

Nothing would happen to me...

"I love you, Y/n."

She drew her lower lip between her teeth at those words, sobs coming out more like subsided coughs as she clasped her hands tightly around his sore cheeks. Their lips just met- but didn't move.

As the cold sweat of their foreheads melanged together, so did their tears and scents.

"Stay safe for me. You know, I love you."

His lips swirled over hers painfully slow in reassurance.

"Stick with Earl, fine?" he caressed her cheek after pulling away as she nodded.