Harry- 9. Missed Connections

Warnings: fictional violence

A/n: A soulmate au

The reader is a Ravenclaw

_

He knew this time.

He knew that the battle was now inevitable. And they were still short of two Horcruxes. One had something to do with Ravenclaw, he knew, and the other- he was clueless.

"Look, Neville," he wiped his face in a frantic, "I don't think so you all can help in this. Dumbledore left the three of us a job, and we aren't supposed to tell-"

"We're his army!" Neville replied in disbelieve. "Dumbledore's army- we're all in this together-"

He was cut in between as the door of the Room of Requirments thundered and appeared out of thin air; Harry had to whirl in his spot, wand ready as ever in his soiled hands.

The silhouette of an unfamiliar figure, someone he had never noticed before, appeared- her eyes wide in dread and terror, hands shaking, and blood dripping out of a newly seared cut below her right ear.

"Late again," Seamus' huff made him realize that he had been staring at the girl who just dusted her jumper with head bowed, trying to hide the stray tears that were on a loose rein at the pain.

"Carrows," she simply answered, a frail smile from her assuring Seamus.

He felt his heart drop as she advanced towards him- Hermione to be more precise, and engulfed her in a hug, keeping her head away from his friend's attire.

"Keeping alright?" Hermione sniffled and loosened her grip, giving the girl enough space to move towards Ron.

Harry was definitely bumfuzzled at this scenario. How could his best friends not inform him about a confidant they have?

And Hermione, being herself, could understand his dilemma.

"She saved Ron from snatchers months ago. Y/n," she looked fondly over his shoulder, "Ravenclaw, and brave like a Gryffindor."

He could register what his friend just said as Ron passed a sympathetic grin at the Ravenclaw and didn't use one of his bad ideas ("not meant to be rude," he would have said).

"And I think, Harry," Hermione lowered her voice, still succeeding in grappling his attention, "we can tell them about the Horcrux- just not telling it's one, really."

He rolled her advice over and again in his mind as his scar pricked like a naked tree in a wildfire. And Merlin be praised, he acknowledged it, his gruff voice getting everybody's ears in the row.

"I think you all can help. We have to find something- something related to Ravenclaw," his eyes flickered at Y/n, who was seated in the arm of Dean's chair, her eyes darted from the floor directly to his, creating a myriad of unease within him. She knew, he could tell. "Something of great value. Is there anything like that which anybody knows about?"

"The diadem," the words rolled out of her mouth naturally, without effort, without hesitation. "The lost diadem of Ravenclaw."

"Has anybody seen it?" Hermione was quick to overtake him, and he was glad by her abruptness since he was falling short of words the more he saw her.

A heavy weight seemed to push its way down his chest- he almost sensed a repelling yet attracting connection...a rame feeling he couldn't even explain (even if he got Hermione's brain).

"It was seen centuries ago," Y/n reasoned, her eyes finally changing their course of focus. "Some say it went missing with Ravenclaw herself."

"Isn't there any way?"