18 (3). Harry- Mommy?

A/n: just a heads up, luna is a muggle here

_

"Potter," the blond answered coolly, leaning onto the mahogany desk in his apartment. "What pleasure do I owe you?"

"Don't 'owe' me!" Potter gritted his teeth in annoyance. "How the hell are you a gentleman? Huh? Unlike me?"

Draco smirked at the progress of the talk. "Lets count then, shall we? First, I'd have taken my daughter to an art centre where she wants to paint and meet someone. Second, I'd have apologized to that person whom I owed-"

Click.

Harry scoffed and ended the line as soon as the last word rang into his ear.

Draco thinks he isn't a gentleman? He bloody is and would prove it.

‧͙ ⁺˚ *・༓ ☾

"You are not letting go of my hand at any cost," Lily sighed albeit decided to ignore the 'dad-baked' rules that were flowing sans cesse from her father's tongue. "You don't talk to any stranger because I tell you so," Harry tapped away a message to Hermione about why he couldn't bring Lily to their place for lunch today. "Any challenge, Snitch?"

"No."

"Surprises. Malfoy didn't teach you any nonsense?"

"Wait for it," Lily giggled as they walked on the footpath near the Diagon alley. "There it is!"

Harry whirled on his spot to look at the pointed place but much to his disappointment, he knew what was coming.

"Bye her some flowers. It's good manners!"

Damn. Malfoy taught her too much.

"Uh- I'm allergic to flowers? Yeah, I'm allergic to them, Snitch."

The toddler rubbed her temple with the ball of her fingers. What was her dad, in all honesty? A kid?

Pretending that this flower talk never happened, they carried on farther, and after two blocks they had reached their destination.

"You will apologize, dad," Lily gave a weak glare as they walked past the doors, the cool wind whistling irritably against their skin despite the warm sun. Was he ever so commanding in his life? If you ignore that chosen one bullshit, nah.

"Okay, mum," he ruffled his daughter's hair with a grin as she did the famous 'aggressive Potter eye roll'.

And as soon as he saw the silhouette of this particular lady, he knew things wouldn't go as planned.

And he called it.

After idly (and forcefully) sitting on the couch and watching Lily scare the artist out of this lady (and thankfully ruining her painting also), all he could do was to drum his fingers and not his wand on the surface.

As much as he saw, this lady seemed thrilled for her life as she ncased his daughter into a tight embrace (and not to mention he had to stand in the shadows so that his overprotective persona doesn't spill out and he happens to snatch his Snitch from her), and currently she was drawing something on a small canvas so that Lily could paint it.

Why was he relishing the way these two people pouring into each other? Big Lily (he tired of thinking 'this lady' and anyway he can afford to conjure some trash names until he knows the real one) diverting her eyes each second lily called her; her voice so sweet, so coaxing?

True, she had not spared him even a glance, but she did acknowledge his presence, and looking at how fast her fingers were moving, he knew what was coming- he had to apologize and end this bullshit now and here, fit this stuff in Lily's mind that Big Lily is not her mum, infact she isn't anything to her, and throw the damn certificate on fucking Malfoy's face that he indeed is a gentleman.