Harry- 11. Worth The Trouble

Warnings: established relationship, fluff, fluff, fluff

A/n: when harry and flirtation meet, the result is deadly;)

_

"What's up, hot stuff?"

Y/n swore she almost slipped from her creaking office chair at those words.

What was her husband- Harry Potter, she may ask, doing in her cabin, that too in a month when the aurors gasp for a breath from these stale paperwork? Was he still cathartic enough to potter around (puns are rather important, in her opinion) and...well, flirt around with his wife of five years?

She never knows.

"Woah there! "Long time no see, Mr. Potter." She decided to play along, and with an impish smile, twirled the muggle pen (which she brought with Hermione). "Hasn't your wife, I must ask, not threatened you to refrain from entering a room without knocking?"

He ran his calloused fingers through that mess of his raven hair, already getting the hint of continuing. As his scar still shined behind the drape of his adamant locks, Y/n gave out a little sigh- not of annoyance but of thankfulness. Harry was the best she could ever ask for; even though they had spent five years in an eternal bond, they could hardly get enough of each other.

That's what love does to you, she smiled as he scoffed in pretended hurt.

"Now when you have such colleagues at work, I couldn't be more happy that I walked in without knocking."

"Oh Merlin, I missed that mischievous glance!" Her hands drummed the surface of the wooden table with a thud as Harry's green orbs squinted at her, and the way a badly hidden smirk adorned his experienced face, all she wanted was to grab that face of his and- you know the rest...

"Glances are just a part of how well we work together," his steps were slow and teasing. "How about you go on a date with me and I make you fall in love?"

This man had lost it, she laughed. And mimicking his posture, her arms rested on the table, the view of how freaking handsome he looked in the auror clothes (she made a mental note to ask Hermione who invented them- she owed them a thanks) already wanting her to break this play.

"So has the famous Harry Potter already fallen for his colleague? Not that it matters, but did it hurt when you fell?"

"Godric, how am I supposed to get out of this colleague-zone?" He was inches away from Y/n, his breath warm and tingling over her ear as his fingers encased her jaw with a gentle firmness. "Should we give kissing a shot?"

"Wo-woah, of course not, Harry!" She walked back and hit the stray stand, PDA in the Ministry already filling her veins with dread. "Your way of flirtation is truly awful!"

"Fine," he huffed and dusted his clean shirt, "but does it work?"

Slitting her eyes in disgust, she turned and started stacking the bundle of papers before muttering a low "maybe..."

And when she felt his arms slithering across her waist and his chin resting over her shoulder, she knew he wouldn't let her work in peace.

"I was just wondering that you deserve an answer," with a flick of his fingers he stuffed her stray locks behind her ear, "it didn't hurt when I fell for you...you know, I'm heartless?"

"Are you asking?"

"Not really. I went heartless because my heart's all yours."

"For Merlin's sake, ask me out nicely," Y/n swivelled in his grip and cupped his cheeks. "I know you are dying to."

Five years worth of marriage and she still felt like a crazy teenager of Hogwarts simping in love when he went to kiss her. And when his cold lips caressed hers, she yelped in horror as the door of her cabin opened again, but with an obvious violent force.

Hermione stood there, her arms crossed across her chest, her eyes rolling in disgust at her two friends.

Well, they are in deep shit.

"Honestly, third time this week!" She retorted and slammed the door behind her. "You both act like imbecile kids! Merlin, even kids don't act like this-"

Y/n silently slapped away Harry's arm as he ignored the reprimands of the Minister of Magic, and continued drumming his fingers against her back.

"I don't understand how Teddy tolerates both of your- what...flirtation on wildfire back home!"

"Hermione-" Y/n's eyes widened just to be interrupted by the muggle-born witch again.

"Harry, I know you are behind all this, I know Y/n won't think something like this out of blue moon-"

"Hermione," Harry sighed and pointed behind her, "your howler...Pig just took it, I guess."

Y/n could see a different shade of emotions running through her orbs as she covered her mouth.

"Well then, Hermione," Y/n offered her a warm smile at the faux pas she just committed, "do something before Ron gets your 'boss lady' form of threatening."

As the bushy-haired lady nodded frantically and ran away, Harry gave out a husky short laugh.

"Well then, hot stuff, you were worth the trouble."