19. Harry- I'd Be There

warnings: harry is too sweet, fluff

_

"harry, don't even dare to tell hermione about my whereabouts," y/n nudged the ravenet into the pillar as he pretended not to listen to her. "i'm not in mood for library evening today."

"hermione!" harry chimed, much to his girlfriend's horror and watched smirking as hermione paddled her way towards them.

fuck, fuck, fuck... fuck you gremlin potter.

"here you both are!" the bushy haired girl tutted with a roll of her eyes (y/n and ron had a bet that she learnt it from harry), "today i persuaded ron to join us!"

harry felt his wrist clasped in a deadly grip as y/n softly shook her head. "i'm sorry, but we both can't come today. tomorrow maybe?"

their muggleborn friend copied y/n's action and gave them a thumbs up. "no worries, don't forget about the transfiguration essay."

"uh... are we busy?" harry asked from behind her as he failed to follow her snitchy speed. "everything alright?"

"I'd love to punch your face right now," he could heard the deep breathes which she was straining upon, "but that would ruin your pretty boy face. you can join them back, i don't mind."

and with that she walked away, with an even greater speed, her footsteps clanking on the heavy stoned floor, leaving a gobsmacked harry behind.

"what the fuck just happened?"

"i'm sure you must have said something wrong, mate," ron guffawed on the armchair beside harry, who seemed to be lost in some thought.

"i didn't," harry mused, shaking his messy hair. "last thing i asked her was that if we were busy."

"blimey! does this mean it's over-"

"ronald!" ron gulped and sat back as he looked at hermione's total large reprimanding eyes. "i'm sure everything would be okay."

y/n wasn't someone to be affected by an oblivious question, harry thought, as he stood up, a poker face adorning his face as he strolled out of the common room.

"i don't know, mr potter," madam pomfrey answered in a swift tone, "her grades are falling, i see less of her and i don't know if she could carry on a career as a healer if her NEWTS would be as erroneous as at the moment."

strike 1: it's been two weeks he sees less of y/n

strike 2: someone as bright as her, getting low grades is not a good sign

strike 3: somethings wrong

strike 4: he can't get into the girl's dorms, all thanks to godric gryffindor

strike 5-

"can you call her down? right now?" he asked the nurse with a sad face, somewhat successfully creating sympathy for self.

y/n kept quiet as she felt her boyfriend's warm hand squeezing her own coaxingly, encouraging her to open up.

should she even bother him with all her problems when he already has his one chosen one shit?

"come on, take your time. but do know, i'm here to help you, i'll listen," he placed a warm sweet kiss on her temple as she snuggled closer into his chest, feeling tears prickle up at the ends of her eyes. "i love you."

harry felt her swerve in his grip and when she planted her face straight into the crook of his neck, biting down on her lips, he ran smooth circles on her back, overcome with concern.

"hey, snitch? everything okay?"

she shook her head like a stubborn child, now fully hugging him back. why did she even shut him of all this while? he was always there, always ready to help.

"its, its been rough since sometime," harry could almost make out a few tears escaping her eyes. "i should not have worried you, you so much."

"nooo, don't cry," he rocked both of them slightly, making y/n even more guilty somehow (which of course he didn't mean to), "if you will cry, i'll start crying too, and that would just make a hot mess."

he finally smiled as he heard a broken yet sweet chuckle escape her lips.

"I'm sorry, but you couldn't handle me even if i came up with instructions."

even though it was a total joke, it didn't stop harry from falling back into his bed with a hand resting on his heart in mock offense.

"sorry, potter, but is that pose meant to impress me?"

harry leaned down, still rocking slowly as he kissed her softly. "never keep anything from me. i'd always be there."