chapter 8

Editor: C_H_I_N_K_U

Elias was at school pouting when one of his friends came up to him.

"Is something the matter, young master?"

Another child said, but he pouted even more.

"I can't be with my brother," he said.

The two other boys looked at each other puzzled.

'The commoner.'

Itony was in bed, which was killing him. He thought he could live through life lazily, but as it turned out, lazy just wasn't his thing.

"Sally, can't we go out, please."

"No"

"Plweeesss~~." he said, giving her the puppy eyes.

"Fine, but you must be extra careful."

Sally came in with a wheelchair that popped up so quickly he wondered if she knew magic. She placed a soft pillow in there so he could sit softly.

The maid took Itony and gently placed him on the seat. Itony didn't know whether to think if Sally was really strong or if he was just incredibly light though he was worried either way.

Sally started to push the chair outside when suddenly the wheelchair stopped before someone. Itony, minding his own business, looked up to see a man- a very beautiful and handsome man.

"Who's wet dream did you jump out from?"Itony asked 

This man was unrealistically beautiful and sexy, even for a novel. 'Is he even real?'

The man looked down at him.

"Young master!" Sally yelled in a scolding tone while bowing.

'Oh shit, it was the grand-black-misty hair and beastly eyes coupled with an aura that said, 'come near me, and I'll kill you.' Yep, this was Duke Raizel Leizarelle.'

"Aren't you the thing I picked up from the slums?" he said, frowning, "why are you so weak looking?"

Itony looked at the man and felt annoyed. As said before, Loiyorel hated bullies, especially men who picked on children.

"Such a weak-looking-"

"Hey, aren't you ashamed of yourself?" He asked, annoyed.

The man looked down on Itony.

"What?" He asked.

"I'm a kid, you're a grown man, and you pick on children. You are shameless."

The servants look at him, terrified.

"You don't fear death?" He asked.

"Death comes to everyone eventually. No one can prevent death, so why should I fear it?"

The Duke glanced in the eyes of the child. Indeed he was weak, but he deserved some respect. Of course, he didn't fear death, or he did fear death but didn't give up entirely living as a child who was half dead and half alive.

"That's some talk for a child." He said.

The man before him only cared about one thing, and that was power. In the novel, due to his strength, the Duke respected Itony. 

The duke would always look down on Elias, his biological son. He had planned to make Itony the heir, but you know how that ended. 

It also said that this man was plagued with madness, and he meant a bastard with heavy bloodlust madness he killed, killed, and it still wasn't enough to quench his thirst.

'Reminds me of that song, how did it go again?'

'Blood blood all it wants is blood something another the guillotine thirst is never quench-'

After that, Loiyorel forgot the rest.

Itony was pulled out of his thoughts when a pair of huge hands reached to his side.

"You are one brave creature to be lost in thought while I'm in front of you."

'What's so special about you?'

The Grand Duke picked him up, and the two looked into each other's eyes. Itony tilted his head left, and the Duke followed. He went to the right, so did the Duke.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"What are you doing?" The Duke asked.

"Observing."

"So am I," he smiled.

"Duke, you're a weird specimen."

Everyone's face began to lose colour Itony wondered why his head started to badly hurt. He felt like this before it was the same with Elias except worse, he raised his hands to his head.

"It hurts."