chapter 10

Editor: C_H_I_N_K_U

"So what's wrong with him?" the Duke asked coldly.

"Well, I'm not entirely sure, but there is a hypothesis," the doctor said.

"What?"

"It depends on the answer you give your excellency," the doctor said.

"What answer?"

"Em.. do you still feel your headache?"

The Duke didn't feel any headache since the kid fell unconscious, and that was about a week ago.

Duke Raizel Leizarelle got struck with madness. From a young age, he had the urge to kill people unnecessarily. Because of this, he stayed on the battlefield and killed every enemy in his path. There was no way to cure this bloodlust, so he was shocked when he noticed all the pain and madness he felt disappeared like it was never there.

"No, I don't feel that."

"Ah, then I see," the doctor looked at the confused Duke.

It was the first time he didn't have to worry about his life while talking to the Duke.

"Young master Itony has a very particular and rare ability. The ability is so unique that people would lead wars to get their hands on him," the doctor said.

"Yes, I'm listening."

"I've done some research. The first time the master felt pain was when the young master Elias used his healing abilities. This time must be around the time his ability awoke. Since it was the first time he came into contact with magic, a headache similar to when he was closer to his excellency happened. The only difference is the intensity, which was low and easier to bear," the doctor explained.

"Are you saying my son already developed this?"

"It slowly grows until it becomes uncontrollable. After all, no ordinary child can make birds explode and not feel a thing, your excellency."

The Duke nodded and the doctor continued, "the second time it happened was during playtime. The two young masters were trying to save an injured bird."

"I see where you're leading, but is there a way to stop it? Obviously, he will die because of this 'ability', " the Duke emphasised on the word.

The doctor shook his head.

"I don't think that's possible."

The Duke could feel his blood rush as the Duke's intention became murderous.

"You must think because my madness is gone that I am now a benevolent person. Should I remind you what I'm capable of?"

"N-no, no, I will try. I will research. If I don't find a way, then I will not be worthy of being called the doctor," he said cowardly.

The Duke seemed to have calmed down a bit. He was worried about the meek child. To think the one that caused him to be like that was the people around him.

The Duke paused.

"If that ability works around the sick, then how is it possible he is not dead yet after all the slums have more sick people than here."

"I wondered the same thing as well and did some deeper investigation. From that, I found that it was because of the young master Elias."

"That child?"

The doctor looked at the Duke and realised the rumours were not false about the Duke's relationship with the young master, but he dared not comment on it.

"Yes, the master tried to heal the master on the day when he was sick. It was the first time the young master Itony had come in contact with magic, so I concluded that the ability activated when the master first came in contact with magic. As it was healing magic, the ability must have copied it and manifested itself extremely to make his body heal others while rejecting healing magic itself," the doctor concluded.

"Reject healing magic... what?" the Duke frowned.

"Yes, it's not completely natural. Young master's body rejects everything magic-related, and therefore I can not do much to aid his condition. I can only reduce the pain as well as try to help his health."

The Duke sighed, frustrated at the boy. To think his life was this pitiful, all he could do was protect him.

"From now on, allow no one who is remotely sick near, in fact, don't let anyone not assigned to him near him," the Duke ordered.