Chapter Eight: Shopping! But Not Your Usual Tale

"Who's ready for some shopping?" I asked, grabbing my bag and feeding a Pokepuff to my Pokemon.

"Let's go!" Zach smiled, as everyone was rounded up ready for our excursion. I skipped out the door with Iver and Marta round my neck, Frost yipping goodbye as N shut the door behind him. Frost and a few of our other Pokemon wanted to stay behind. I couldn't blame them with me as our primary shopper. Zach led us out the corridor again as I glanced at the Forest maze through the glass, the lights below the trees eerily illuminating them so their branches curved out like sinister fingers. I shuddered before moving closer in the group, fear loosley gripping my heart. When we were finally out of the building, I smiled widely. Today, would be a very good day. The air was laden with the scent of cut grass and suprisingly, the scent of bacon, as I tried not to fall over the cobblestoned floor. I would have though everyone here were vegatarians to be honest. Or would they only eat meat if therre were plant type Pokemon? Oh whatever, it's too early in the morning ot be thinking of those things. When I exited my thoughts, we were in the central shopping district, with a few people mulling about on their routines.

"Were do you want to go first?" I asked, as everyone shrugged their shoulders. "Well let's just mull around then!" I smiled, Zach rolling his eyes knowingly. When I say, let's mull around, it usually means, let me drag you around all the shops possible until you die of exhaustion! I exagerated of course..... only a tiny bit though. I started on the right hand side, staring into each and every window possible. The first few windows just had a few nicknacks in, like an odd sewing kit or berry juicer; until I peered into one window to find it stufffed full of Pokeplushes. My eyes must have lit up as I smiled widely, mentioning to everyone to get inside. The inside was decorated in red, and the old door tinged with a little bell to say that we were coming in. It smelled like someone's Grandma's house, and old red velvet furniture was ladened with all sorts of Pokeplushes. They were all quite cheap aswell, and I found out why. I large sign read 'Closing Down Sale. Everything Must Go!'. But secretly I was quite glad. I looked around, and was quite impressed. All of the dolls were sorted into their types, so in one corner, all the fire types were sat on a chair. There were a range of Pokemon from here and diferent regions; Charizard, Flareon, Tepig, even Ho-Oh joined the collection of Dolls, which obviously I was drawn to. All around were other types too. From a first glance there was Snivy, Golduck, Slowpoke, Magikarp, Lugia, Kyurem and even Reshiram and Zekrom. But what struck me was the two dolls in a golden case, labelled 'Brindir and Elstira.' . The one labelled Brindir was a very dark blue, almost black, with an electric blue webbing on it's arms and back, a long tail ending in the same webbing shaped like a paddle, and a small head, almost like and oval with glinting ceramatic teeth that overlapped it's bottom jaw. Butwhat shocked me, was the other doll beside it. The one labelled Elstira. It was the one from my dreams. I was sure of it. As I was studying it curiously, an elderly woman appeared form the back, shuffling to us steadily. She was wearing a pink dress with a fiery locket hung on her neck, with her black hair pulled back in a bun. She had kindly brown eyes and wrinkled skin, but a warm smile matched her whole demeanor.

"How can I help you today?" She asked, hervoice sounding quite brittle, like it would shatter in the air.

"What Pokemon are these?" I blurted, pointing to the dolls as she nodded knowingly.

"Ahhh. Those are the legendaries of this region." She stated, shuffling slowly over to the case containing the dolls. "Brindir is the guardian of the darkness, and Elstira is the keeper of light. Both are said to keep check of each other, and live in harmony, one never being able to exist without the other. They once fought with eachother, until a pair of humans emerged and showed them the error of their ways. Because other Pokemon were fighting for the legendaries, the humans were killed, and afterwards the Legends promised that they would never fight unless it was absolutley necessary. They were never seen again, as they hid in fear that their presence would get the humans that had proven themselves so worthy were killed, and learnt to control their powers with the help of Arceus and the other Legendaries. Or so the story goes." She explained, as I felt something click inside me that told me that the tale was true. In responce, the dolls eyes gleamed slightly, seeming like it was winking or smiling at me. It was then I knew Elstira must be watching me.