Chapter Eleven: Not This Again...

Chloe's POV

I darted awake, my whole body trembling as I ran my hand through my hair, only to feel that my forehead was slick with sweat. I sat up slowly, my body aching due to the lumpy bedding I had been given to sleep on. At least it wasn't the floor.
Immediately, I heard a metallic banging from the other side of the door, hearing the deadbolt slide open as the food window was opened and shut again. I crawled over to the window to find two bowls of porridge had been placed there with plastic spoons sticking out of it. I lifted a spoon out and watched in horror as the lumpy,liquid food slopped back into the bowl. Pushing aside my disgust, I started to chew it slowly, grimacing at the foul taste. If this was going to be anything like last time, I would need all the strength I could muster. I was scraping the bowl by the time N finally stirred, sitting up slowly with his matted hair all over the place. I grabbed his food and walked over to him, sitting down next to him and handing him the bowl.

"It tastes horrid, but you'll need your strength." I smiled meekly at him. He took it out of my hands reluctantly before gagging on it. I guess I'd just been used to how aweful it tasted.

"How in the name of Arceus can you eat that?" He coughed, as I sighed heavily.

"I got used to the taste."

As soon as we had finished, a buzzer blared in our ears, signalling the start of the day. Only Arceus knew what would happen next. I had mostly erased my memories of the last time I was here. I stood up reluctantly and trudged to the back of the room, turning to face the wall as I crossed my arms behind my back. The amont of times I had to do this as a child came rushing back to me, as I heard N scratch his head sleepily. A small smile creeped it's way onto my face as I remembered how Leon was the same at his first time here. I immediately regretted the thought, as tears starting to prick at my eyes; the very eyes that had watched the same boy die on his bed.

"What are you doing?" N asked me worriedly, as I banged my head on the wall, trying to stop the memories flashing before my eyes.

"Just do what I'm doing. They'll be here soon." I whispered, as I heard the scuffling of feet around me as N settled next to me, mirroring my position.

"Are you okay?" He asked me worriedly. As I shook my head.

"No. I'm not."

I could hear the deadbolt of the door slide out of it's socket as the sound of many boots pounding the floor echoed in my ears.

"Chloe. You're to be tested in the training room. N. You are to clean and get ready the observation room. Your performance will give you your meals. Do not resist the handcuffs, or we will restrain you. That is all." A voice ordered strictly, as I gulped, my body stiffening with the ordeal I knew I was going to go through. I would not look forward to today. I could feel the cold metal of the handcuffs on my wrists, feeling them tighten painfully as I was dragged backwards out of the room and into the corridor. I walked solemnly through the corridor before being pushed down the stairs, making me stumble and almost fall until a guard caught me. The entire corridor and stairs where a pristine white, assaulting my eyes with their brightness. I ended up squinting as I was lead through a familiar door, my feet immediately backpeddling as I realised where we was.

The operating theatre.

I was shoved through the observation room before being picked up and shoved onto the table, my handcuffs taken off and replaced with uncuttable bands that immedaitly strapped me to the table. I writhed on the spot, trying to break free from the fear that was clouding my mind, but it was no use. They where unbreakable for a reason. I cursed myself before laying still, my breathing laboured as I panted from the effort of trying to break loose. Footsteps padded into the room as a nurse stepped in, making me hiss in anger. A familiar Blissy waddled into my view as my fury was fuelled, leaving me almost screaming with rage. The Blissey grinned evilly as I spat at it in disgust. I hated the sight of that thing. When I turned to the nurse, she now had a large needle in her hand, flicking the serum inside of it as I starting wriggling in fear. Not this again. Please not this again. I tried to stoke up my power as she neared me, only to hear someone clearing their throat over the moniter.