Chapter Twelve: Training

Chapter Twelve

Zach's POV

We were finally in the next town, and by Arceus my feet where sore. It had taken two more hours to get here. Two hours. And we hadn't even encountered any Pokemon. I thumped down on the grass just outside the cities border, before rummaging through my shirt and picking out six pokeballs.

"You need to come out guys. We need to talk." I whispered to them all, placing the pokeballs to the floor as they all popped open in a blinding flash of white. Six Pokemon where now crouded around me. Fizz and Scar where checking Gary and Kira out, as Fizz kept looking back to make sure I was okay. I smiled at her before resting my gaze on the other two Pokemon. They where both wrapped around eachother, their faces laid next to eachother as they snuggled. I smiled warmly. They hadn't even been out of their Pokeballs a minute and they where already curled up with eachother. They where so cute!  Realising that I now had a Pokedex, I approached them quietly, trying not to disturb them too much. Scarlet looked at me warmly, her red eyes softening as she broke loose from Roman, slithering up from me. Her serpentine body had grown a little round the middle, but her sapphire scales still glimmered in the sunlight. The spikes that stuck out from her body crackled with electicity as she moved, before it moved to the yellow pouch on her neck. She nuzzled me affectionately as I got my Pokedex out, letting her add a scale on the slot. It immediately shot in, buzzing a little before a picture of her came up on the screen.

"Strikeen. The paralysing Pokemon. It is an electric type pokemon that is snake-like in appearance, and creates electricity by moving. This electricity is stored in the yellow sack on its neck, which is directly attached to the fangs, which can shock their pray."

"Thanks. How are you feeling?" I asked her, as she stayed silent and nodded, slithering back to Roman.

"Sti, Strikeen."

"Ele. Elektro?"

"Stri!"

"Elek" Roman sighed, heaving himself up off the floor and plodding towards me. He was hunched over with the weight of the metal spines that grew out his back, two rows that sparked with electricity. His yellow scales were bright with happiness, as his long ears twitched, scratching themselves on the spines that grew out of his cheeks. I stood up quickly as he hugged me, his long arms wrapping round me like two Arboks. He pulled away, looking at me warmly with big, blue eyes., before doing the same as Scarlet and picking off a scale, placing it on the pokedex before walking back to Scarlet.

"Elektrovark. The Hunchbacked Pokemon. It is an electric and dark type that is often too slow to avoid predators. Insteads, it listens out for them with it's large ears, and protects itself with the large spines on it's back and long arms."

I smiled before tucking the Pokedex back in my bag, clearing my throat to get everbodies attention.

"Allright guys. We'll be challenging the gym today so that we can try and get through route 16 as soon as possible. It's a fire type gym, so most likely, I will be using Gary first because he will be stronger against the fire types because he's an water type. There's also Iver and Marta, and Frost that will be travelling with us for a while, so we need to make sure they're trained incase we come across any dangerous Pokemon. But firstly, we need to train. They'res two more Pokemon in the team, so we need to see what they can do and work out strategies for the other gyms. That okay with everyone?" I asked, as they all cried in unison.

"Let's get started then." I grinned, as everyone paired up. Scarlet peeked curiously at Iver and Marta, slithering over to them silently, starting up a conversation.

"Stri? Strikeen?"

"Dri! Drieke!"

"Stri?"

"Dri!"