Chapter Twenty: Mission is a go!

Zach's POV

A small group of people surrounded me as we all gathered before Rich, his face deadly serious as he peered over us all; before clearing his throats to get our attention.

"Alpha team, they gained a blockade on the other side of the bridge with Pokemon and people inside the toll building. You need to gain entrance through the maintenance for the sewage pipes and attack from behind, whilst Beta team keep their attention. Same drill as before, so you know what to do from there. Minimize casualties and try to hold a position so that we can get more teams in. Your leader for this mission will Plants, he used to be with Team Pitch, so make sure you listen to him, he'll know all the inner workings and routines, which will help you significantly. This will take overnight though, so try and pace yourselves. Alright, briefing over. Dismissed." Rich announced, before turning towards me. 

"You're to go with the distraction team. We figured that your experience being a gym leader would aid us. Oh, and Zach, you can leave the young one here. It's too low leveled for a battle like this."

I immediately froze up, my breath catching in my throat as he winked at me, before turning his back to me and walking out the room. I could only stand there in shock.

-X-

"Right, Zach, your up." A voice crackled on the radio, as the rest of the team I was with finished their outfits. All where dressed like common trainers, their bullet-proof vests hidden perfectly under the disguise. No-one knew what we would find as soon as we get inside. But at least we could launch a rescue mission afterwards. I sighed in relief. We were finally doing this.

"Everyone, we're moving out. Only allow one or two pokemon out, let's go!" The leader bellowed, as I gave an apologetic look to my pokemon before retrieving them back into their Pokeballs. Scar gave a sharp yip before bounding forward, Frizz rolling her eyes at him before climbing up to my shoulder and settling down quickly before I set off after everyone else, going into a quick jog as we gave a final check. We were ready. We strolled towards the bridge, the wind picking up as we started to cross, the crashing of the waves below us sending shivers down my spine as the scent of salt drifted on the air, almost goading us to get on with it.

"You're not allowed to pass." A voice boomed over us, as the speakers on the bridge crackled into life. Thankfully, we were nearer the toll booth, so it would be easier to drive them in.

"Why not? We need to use the pokecentre, we've been travelling for three days!" I cried out, as the others glanced back. We'f rehearsed this. We needed to stall for as long as possible to allow the other team to follow round. I found myself praying to Arceus that this would work.

"Because you're not allowed. Deal with it kid. Now beat it."

"You can't do this!!!" Another girl cried out, as the person on the speaker huffed in irritation.

"Look kids, the only thing that will get you in here would be joining us. And don't think we'd let you join us that easy."

"Please! We can't go back!"

"Why not?" The voice quizzed, seemingly intrigued as we glanced at eachother nervously. Good thing we had covered this. I could feel my hands going clammy as my nerves started to take over my body, my hand starting to tap against my leg, energy starting to store up in me. I could feel Frizz shifting on my shoulder, tapping me quickly as i raised my hand to her thankfully. With a quick hum, she nuzzled my hand as I discharged a little electricity, allowing her absorb it discreetly. The last thing we needed was me having an overload.