Chapter Three: Can Dreams Get Any Weirder?

'I was in a blank space, white surrounding me and cloaking me in warmth and solidarity. I could hear the flapping of wings before a white feathered creature descended from what I thought was the sky. Well it was coming from above me, what else could I think? I could of been sideways but.... The creature thumped into the ground in-front of me, making me jump backwards as I was dragged out of my thoughts. I would definitely say it was a Pokemon, but it looked regal and almost like it was like it would start eating caviar with a knife and fork in it's claws. It shook itself off before stooping down to my eye level and looking at me intently with it's sparkling blue eyes. It had giant white wings that where filled with elegant white feathers that overlapped each-other like waves. It's giant body was very draconian, but instead of scales it had fluffy white fur that was cracked all over like giant plates; wisps of fire escaping through them. Fiery red feathers lined it's back and tail like spines, as well as framing the back of it's head like a mane before giving way to a dragons face. A very fluffy dragons face.'

"Hmm. You are Chloe, if I am correct?" It purred, as it's hot breath scoured my face and i opened and closed my mouth like a fish.

"Y-Yeah." I stuttered, as i finally shut my mouth; the Pokemon chuckling at me.

"I thought so. Do you know what I am, Chloe?"

I shook my head quickly, before looking back into it's enveloping eyes.

"I, am the keeper of light. I ward of any attempts that my brother makes to take control over any being; as does he with I. We have both slumbered for an age, and hopefully we will not have to wake for an era to come, that is, if you play your part." It explained.

"What part?" I asked, as it paused a minute before speaking again.

"Everybody has a role in this universe, but some have to take up one that should not be theirs. One of those is you. 'Team Pitch' as they call themselves, are trying to awaken my brother and harness that power for themselves, so they can envelop the world into darkness; what for I do not know. But they plan to force him to take my essence so no-one can stand up to them. That is where you come in. I shall bestow on you my gift, so it can help you stop Team Pitch from carrying out their plans. This is not an easy task that I bestow on you, but your friends and family will help you through; and if the worst comes to pass. You shall have me to rely on."

"Why me? Why not someone else who is stronger, or have stronger Pokemon with them? They could help you better than I ever can.." I exclaimed, as the Pokemon chuckled softly.

"You have a strong will and a pure heart that is not easily tainted. That is why. Now, I will have to leave you before I awaken my physical body in this world, but before i go, I will leave my gift to you. Come here." It commanded, as I step forward unafraid; I knew that if it wanted to hurt me, it would have done it already.... "HOLY ARCEUS WHAT IN THE NAME OF GIRATINA!!!!" I screamed, as I felt the sharp pain of the Pokemon biting into my shoulder, a thousand knives slicing through my body more like. I gasped in pain as it withdrew it's teeth, before feeling the itching where I had just been bitten. I glanced at my shoulder, but to my astonishment all that was left was torn clothing and scars. "Wh....What?"

"Use your gift wisely. And may Arceus watch over you." It stated solemnly before raising to it's full height and beating it's gigantic wings.

"Wait!" I cried, "Where are you? What's your name?"

But all i heard was it's chuckling, as I opened my eyes and shot up quickly.'

-X-

I was gasping for breath as I felt the water drip onto my legs and down my back; making me shiver uncontrollably. I glared at the Salmere; thinking that it was a prank until I saw the concerned faces that surrounded me.