New Contacts

You lay awake next to Wanda, your clothes strewn across the floor as she had jumped you upon reaching your house. Like your first meeting, she'd found it attractive - the way you ruthlessly lay your hand against Natasha. Although you thought about stopping the pursuant, you continued on and slept with her. Afraid that if you didn't, she might split up with you. The speculation from others would inflate. You tried your best to enjoy it, hoping to convince yourself that whatever fixation you had on Natasha was just a sick perversion rooted from your dire obsession with doing the opposite of what is just. However, the more her lips touched your skin, the more her hands traced your outline, the way she whispered in your ear - you couldn't help but wish it were Natasha.

You'd had a restless night. Your mind plagued with guilt and reprimand for your actions, but also what you could do for Natasha. Sunlight was only just appearing, a glimmer of light against the window pane which you took as an indication to wake. You left Wanda alone, slipping out carefully and quietly as not to wake her. It was an early Sunday morning, so you could be sure that there would be at least some stragglers left behind in the красный club. Besides, the establishment was famous for it's early hour bashes. Perhaps it was dangerous, but you were certain you'd find someone from Natasha's crew there. The doubts of betrayal towards your own litter your thoughts, but you quickly squash them in order to dissolve any chances of backing out.

Perhaps a little foolishly, you left without proper weapon prep. Only a knife strapped to your calf and your phone in your left pocket. You allowed the Harley to roll down your drive, the engine at a low hum before speeding off knowing that your bike was ear-shot away from Wanda.

You parked up in the exact same spot as previous and entered through the front door. There was a few drunken bodies, stumbling onto the street, phone in hand calling a cab. You moved past them, even steadying a few in your arms as you made your way to the cellar. You walked the dark stairwell, almost overly-confident due to your conviction. As your hand touched the doorknob, a firm palm had pressed against your shoulder - its chilly surface cooling the skin beneath.

"You've a lot of nerve showing your face here, doll."
He struck your jaw, his metal arm following through forcefully as you held your hands above your head.
He stepped back, a perplexed look plastering the man's face.
"Bucky. I'm here to help you get Natasha back. Not to start anything else."
A sinister grin formed within a snigger. He kicked you to the floor as you shielded your head in your arms, taking his beating as you expected before it came to an abrupt halt. You peered up through your hands, your sides already aching from impact. Above you was Bucky, his arm held back by Steve's who frowned down on you.

"Come with us."
Bucky argued back as Steve flashed him a stern look, which soon shut him up.
Steve dismissed him before helping you from the ground, wrapping his arm round your waist to support you. He lead you down the hall, both in silence before he offered you some ice for the pain - to which you appreciatively accepted.
Steve made you comfortable in a room at the secluded end of the hallway. He apologised as he cuffed you to the framing of the seat you were on. You couldn't blame him, so you weren't vexed.  Across from you sat Clint, who had hardly looked up, let along acknowledged you. Sam introduced himself in a friendly manner, which took you by surprise, before taking the space next to you on the settee. Bucky had clearly gone elsewhere and Steve leant back against the table in the centre of the room.

"Well, you best get talking."
Steve cluelessly toyed with a gun on the table, the fingers of his left hand sliding it from left to right. As you spoke, Sam took your ice pack from your hand and held it to your side himself, noticing that you were struggling with only one free fist.
"Well, um. You've probably noticed that, uh, my dad is keeping Natasha."
You felt uneasy, not sure wether to reveal the true nature of your relationship with her.
"I was just thinking, maybe I'd try help you get her back. I don't know, um-"
"And why would you do that ?". These were the first words Clint had uttered since your presence in the room
"I'm not sure I-"
Steve took the gun into his palm and twisted it to face you, subtly resting it against his leg.
"That's a bit odd, Stark. Don't you think ?"
Your eyes fell to the weapon and his fist tightening round it. You'd come to a decision.
"Her and I... we share a relationship that you might frown upon. I know my family would. I- I just want her here. My mob are beating her, interrogating her. She doesn't deserve it."

Steve's fixation turned to Sam as Clint joined him, leaning against the table. You turned to see Sam's outraged expression. In a different setting, you would've burst out laughing.
"Sorry, did I hear that correct ?" He questioned you, repositioning the ice to your lower stomach as Steve continued Sam's train of thought.
Within a set of air gestures, he repeated back what you had said.
"A relationship."
You could feel your cheeks flare, they were most definitely becoming rosy.
Clint began laughing, Steve joining before slapping the table and Sam's booming hysterics outshining them both.
He stood from his place next to you, pointing at Clint and yelling.
"I told y'all she had the hots for Stark's daughter. I knew it ! I knew it !"
Suddenly you felt much more at ease in their presence.
Steve shrugged, a smile still present on his face.
"I always thought she was against that. Y'know, since she always gave me such a hard time for calling Hill hot."
His vision turned back to you as Sam turned, carefully returning the ice to its original spot.

"Oh, Maria likes women."
For a moment, you became overly aware of your own voice amongst theirs, until Clint replied playfully with you - sending a grin in your direction.
"Aw man, guess we're out of luck boys."
They shared a final laugh before returning to the matter at hand. It seems the revelation reaped the opposite effect of what you'd expected.
Steve continued on, the gun now in its holster as Clint un-cuffed you. 
"So, you're serious ? You and Nat ?"
He seemed pleased by you, the corners of his mouth upturned as you nodded confirmation. If only you could trust that your own family would react this way.