Actual Time

Natasha frantically undid you as the rattle and commotion grew. Quickly, you stood and dressed, grabbing your belt as Natasha swept your hand and pulled you towards the window.
"Remember how we escaped those government guys?"
You nodded as she fumbled with the locks on the opening.
"How could I forget Nat. Let's go."
You took over, pulling the hinge from its hatch and swinging the window open. Natasha adjusted your mask before kicking her legs over the windowsill.

In unison, you climbed the outside of the building with her before dropping onto the grass and trying your best to sneak quietly into the back courtyard. Before anyone could notice, you pulled a stray cigarette from your pocket and asked for a light from a particularly nice stranger. This was your fruitless attempt to diffuse suspicion.

After taking a drag, you turned back. She was gone already. You felt a tap on your shoulder.
"Weren't you here with someone, Mrs Stark?"
A rather puny security guard was questioning you. He fiddled with his thumbs and you found it somewhat difficult not to laugh.
"Yeah...um. My wife. Have you seen her?"

Wanda rushed into the courtyard, taking your hand and pulling you into her.
"I've barely seen you? Where did you go?"
She questioned you sweetly, clearly trusting of your intention.
"Ah nowhere, sweetheart. How about we just go? I'm kinda tired."
She nodded, resting her forehead against your chest in agreement. You called a cab and by the time you had said your goodbye's, it was already parked out front.

You laid your forehead against the glass of the window for the entirety of the journey home. You'd over-drank your limits and needed your bed for the third or fourth time this week. Upon arrival home, Wanda tucked your hair behind your ear, wrapping yourself and her body beneath the sheets. The all-too familiar guilt encased you as Wanda swiftly fell into slumber. You lifted your phone, filing through messages, looking for other gatherings and parties to go too. All for only one reason. Yourself and Wanda's bodies were giving in. You needed a break, from the noise, the lights, the alcohol, the drugs - the lies. But you wouldn't allow it.

You fought every sign of severe fatigue and checked your attendance to a gathering just this coming weekend. You assumed that since it wasn't a weekday occasion it'd be overly busy, gifting you that precious time to run off unnoticed. You drifted peacefully, hopeful of your next encounter with the redhead.

You woke in the morning to an empty space in your arms. Wanda had changed and was gathering her things at the foot of the bed. A pit formed in your stomach immediately as you tried to hide your concern.
"W-Wanda?"
She smiled, tiptoeing over to you and gently kissing your forehead.
"Go back to sleep, darling. I'm visiting family for tonight. I'll be back tomorrow evening in time for the that party we're going to."
You grinned up at her, nodding, pleased by her unfaltering devotion to you. God, you really were an awful, awful wife.

She left quietly, sensing your everlasting hangover. You sprawled over the sheets, taking advantage of the extra space, but finding yourself unable to return to dormancy.
You willed away the day, filling it with lethargic activities as you prayed the affects of your recent reckless behaviour away. You were thankful as the night drew in. You engaged in a short phone call with Wanda as you'd come out the shower and made your dinner, joking lightly about the simplistic meal you'd conjured in comparison to how she cooks for you both.
Once again, God you were an awful wife.

You held the phone to your ear as you locked up, noticing the second chain of the front door hanging suspiciously loose.
"Did you leave the chain off this morning?"
"To the front door? No, you know I'd never forget."
You hummed, replacing it's position and bending to remove a small knife from your ankle belt.
"Is everything okay, Y/N?"
"Yeah, yeah sweetheart. All good. I'll speak to you in the morning, okay?"
She huffed.
"Mkay. I love you."
You heard a click echo down the line, yet Wanda remained on the other end. Someone was listening.
"I love you too. Goodnight, darling."
The call finally closed.

You stood dead still in the landing, unsure of what was going on. Someone was here. You paced slowly through your halls, the metal blade in your hand shaking a little with every turn of a corner. Finally, you reached the bay windows at the back of your house, deeming it empty as you peered out onto the grass.
You turned your back to the setting, satisfied yet worriedly planning to just go to bed, when there was a sudden pop of the back door closing.
You turned back and swung it open, holding a masked figure by the neck and pressing the knife slowly into their side.
"Who the fuck are you? What the fuck are you doing in my house?"
The figure struggled for a moment, attempting to tear the mask from their face.
"I will kill you! Tell me who you are?"
"Y/N, it's me, it's me, it's Nat!"

You let her go, watching as she pulled the black material from her face and ruffled her hair into position. You stood, bewildered for a moment at the sight of her. She pulled you forward, closing the back door gently, but not locking it.
"Why did you think that was a good idea, you idiot."
She giggled, stepping forward and leaning against your chest, wrapping your arms round her.
"I could've killed you."
"Mhm, I'll let you believe that."
She kissed you gently, pulling you even closer.

"What're you even doing here? How'd you know I was alone?"
She stared at you momentarily, her eyebrow raised. Before she could answer, you realised yourself.
"You listened to my phone calls didn't you."
She nodded, matter-of-factly, her lips pressed together in suppressed laughter.
"Well, to answer the former, I'm here to see you. I didn't wanna wait until the next party to run off and fuck in some room."
You grinned at the thought. She grabbed your face in her hand and pushed you away jovially, smirking at your reaction.
"I want time with you. Actual time, just me and you."