4

CASSIE POV

It was oddly quiet and noisy at the same time. There was someone sniffling next to me, either they were crying or they are having major allergies right now. I forced my eyes to open and I was greeted with white tile ceiling. The only way I can describe how the room smell is that, it just smell like sanitation and super clean.

"So I ended up in the packs house infirmary huh." I grumbled.

My body still hurts trust me, however my condition improved. I have more energy in me way before I passed out. I looked to the side and saw my mom wiping her nose. I was right, allergies. My mom rarely cries, I'm not saying like she doesn't care about me. It's just that I wouldn't die from this so it's not crying worthy.

"You are going to rest, so no sch-" My mom said but I interrupted her.

"I'm not planning to go to school until Thursday mom." I said snorted. I literally broke down at school and that's embarrassing, it hurt my pride I'll admit.

"Good because I don't like seeing my child in pain." My mom caressed my face and I all I could do was nod my head. She had so much guilt in her eyes that I couldn't exactly look at her. This is indeed a very pitiful situation. 

My mom told me she was going to get something to eat. When she left I got out of the bed and quietly left the packs infirmary. I just need some fresh air, after all it does help in the healing process. I walked into the tall trees and followed a familiar path. It was indeed peaceful. The occasional birds chirping, animals running about and the nice sun rays hitting skin. This right here is euphoric.

As I kept walking, I did eventually ended up in front of a pond. I walked to the edge and saw my reflection in the water. I was paler than usual, I look sick. If Elliot does what I ask I can heal soon and I hope he does. If not maybe I'll blow up his pack with some dynamite. I'm kidding obviously, I do not need a pack war.

I sat down and let my feet soak in the pond. I was facing the sky and watched clouds roll by. Yes this is peace, maybe I need to be one with nature. Wouldn't be so bad to be a rock.Just lay there, soaking up the sun. Maybe a bit of moss growing on you, or a little ant crawling up the rounded edges.

"Let's reincarnate as rock in your next life Cassie." I mumbled to myself.

I don't know how long I laid in the grass, it was a long time considering it was getting dark. I literally zoned out as I was staring up at the sky. I was in my own little world and it was just completely blank. No day dreaming or anything, not a thought was in my head.

I sat up from ground and took my feet out the water. My toes look like little raisins, well this was fun. I started to make my way back to my home and not the pack house. I'm pretty sure mom went back to the house. I also know I'm about to get scolded when I reach there. I already know what she's going to say.

Therefore I took my sweet time going home, I walked super slow. When I did reach my house it was already dark. Not only that my lovely mother was waiting at the entrance with her arms folded across her chess. As I walked up to her I gave her a cheesy smile and she gave me a rather "you're in big trouble little girl" look.

"In the house now, you are suppose to be resting." My mom scolded as she pulled me into the house.

"I know, but can you blame me. Nature is so peaceful." I wrapped my arms around hers and rested my head against her shoulder.

"No excuses, you will stay in your bed and rest. Or do I have to call grandma up?" She quirked up and eyebrow. I tensed up hearing the word grandma. 

"Absolutely not, she sill chew me out. I'll be obedient." I shook my head.

Anything but grandma visiting, then I would really be in hell.