16

-Cassie's POV

The warriors were checking everything over before this stupid war. I was forced to do the planning since I know the area the best. All of this is just giving me a big headache and I really just want to take a nice long nap. I'm worried about many things like the safety of Rose and my mom. My family and even Elliot. Hell I barely could even have peaceful moments with Elliot, it was one event after another. It's been almost a week since I arrived here and I hate it.

What kind of karma do I have.

Once everything was checked over, we started to the move towards Elliot's pack. It would take about a day to get there if we don't rest however we could get there earlier. I glanced to the side to see my mom and Rose in a cage, it made me sick to my stomach truthfully. Ever so often the three of us would communicate via mind link is it won't look suspicious. We had to keep our faces very neutral so no one could suspect us.

"Cassie come here." Nolan asked. I held back the eye roll that was so close to happen and I went by Nolan's side. His hand landed on the back of my neck and he squeezed hard and looked directly into my eyes.

"No funny business alright, if I see you attempt to even aid O'Connors or your pack I won't hesitate to kill those two. Understand?" He threatened.

"How could I ever betray you Nolan." I smiled at him cynically.

He let go of my neck roughly and I sighed out. I can't wait to kill him, I don't want my dad or Elliot to get their hands on him. I want to rip him to shreds myself. You don't understand how bad I'm holding myself back right now. There were numerous times where Addie was close to taking control of me.

Piece of shit.

I went back to where my mom was at and walked besides the cage. I felt her hold my hand and she gave me a sympathetic look. I gave her a small smile and retracted my hand from her since I felt a pair of sneaky eyes staring at me intensely. I looked behind me and saw a little boy, he looked timid. When we made eye contact he quickly look down at the ground.

I purposely slowed down my pace so me and him can walk side by side. This time it was me who was staring down at him. He glanced up with puppy looking eyes. I quirked an eyebrow at him and tried to make myself seem more friendly.

"What's a kid like you doing here?" I asked him. His eyes widened and I saw his little fist clenched to his side.

"My brother forced me to come." He muttered.

"Your brother is making a little kid like you fight?" I questioned. What kind of idiotic brother would do that.

"Alpha Nolan is my brother." If you could only see the face I just made when he told me that. What's even worse he's calling his brother alpha. What kind of power hungry man is this to make his own family call him alpha.

"I see...where's your parents?" I continue to ask him questions out pure curiosity.

"He killed them." His eyes started to tear up and I started to panic. I glanced up at my mom so she can help and mouthed something I couldn't understand.

"U-Uh what's your name?!" I asked him quickly.

"My name is David." His voiced cracked but the tears were slowly disappearing.

"I'm Cassie." I smiled at him and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Yeah I know, everyone knows your name is Cassie." God kids are so honest, like give me some slack at least. My hand landed on top of his head and I ruffled his hair. There was just this little glimmer in his eyes that made felt guilty. Knowing if he fought he would definitely get killed.