8

Edited???

-Cassie's POV-

I was at lunch right now but one thought kept popping up in my head and it contained the person named Elliot. After the day with my heat he's been acting strange around me, like really strange. Besides the fact he treats me now pretty decently, he's even avoiding me. I should be happy about it, however it bothers me. Did I do something? I even asked him did I do something weird and he said I didn't.

The bell rang and I got up from my chair. I picked up his scent and started following it. Fine I'll just confront him about it, because it strangely annoyed me to the max for no reason. However I got interrupted when Rose popped up out of nowhere.

"Let's go the party today." Rose asked.

"No." I declined and try to get passed her but she grabbed my arm stopping me. She wrapped her arms around mines and batted her eyes at me.

"Please! I wouldn't ask you if there wasn't a reason why!" She pleaded with me with puppy dogs eyes. I felt something snap in me, dammit I'm weak to puppy eyes. I looked away for a moment and slowly nodded my head. A big smile developed on her face and then she shoved her hand in my face.

"There's going to be a hunter at the party, it's a mission."

I read her hand and titled my head to the side. Now why would a hunter come onto our land for. Who are they targeting? The most likely to get targeted would be me and my siblings. From what I know the party is on our land, but I wouldn't usually show up to parties. Jay and Toby won't be there either.

Would it be Elliot?

Why would they come to our land to kill him though? That wouldn't make sense really, then again who knows. Will he show up to the party? If he does I should tell him about it at least, this way I can repay him for it.

"Are you going to tell Elliot?" Rose grabbed my arm stopping me from going.

"Yes I should just to be on the safe side." I said.

"The hunter is getting someone in our pack though so it can't be him." Rose said. Still something is fishy. Unless someone in my father's pack did something they shouldn't have done, but as far as I know no one is under suspicion.

"Fine, let's meet up at my house after school and we'll discuss our plans for tonight." I whispered to her. She nodded her head and walked away from me.

There's something odd about this.

***

I was in my room getting dressed for this mission. It was fairly simple outfit, black pants and fitted black t-shirt. I tucked in the shirt and put on my combat boots. I slid a knife in the boot and in the back of my waistband. I grabbed my black jean jacket and walked out of my room. Rose was already downstairs talking to my brothers about the mission. I joined up with them and Toby handed me a piece of paper.

"Do we know how they look like?" I asked.

"No we do not know, all we know there will be a hunter there." Jay shook his head.

"You're positive that there is one and we're not wasting my time?" I asked seriously.

"Yes we got intel about it, we just just don't know who this hunter is targeting." Toby ruffled my hair and I nodded my head.

"Just keep an eye out and if you encounter anyone who doesn't seem familiar keep an eye out. They are most likely going to have some scents to smell like us too remember that." Toby explained d

"Yes sir." I gave him a two finger salute and Rose shook her head.

I grabbed the car keys and we sent off to the party. This whole thing like I said feels extremely fishy, something is not right about it. It's been a long time since I was in a mission, I haven't been one in about 4 months. I kind of miss it sniffing out the rats in our pack that is trying to betray us.