14

december 2014
houston, tx

Awsten has been staying with his girlfriend more and more lately.

In fact, he's basically been unofficially living with Grace for about a month now.

But, today, he swings by Ashley's house after teaching a guitar lesson, since he knows that she usually goes home on Wednesdays.

He knocks on the door, for it to be opened just a few moments later by Ashley's mother.

"Oh, Awsten!" Jennifer grins. "Come in, come in," she steps aside, allowing him to enter.

"Uh, sorry for just stopping by like this," he apologises, "I just thought Ash might be around today and—"

"Awsten!" Robbie shouts, running full speed towards him.

"Hey, man," he responds, preparing to pick him up.

The commotion catches Ashley's attention, as she peaks around the corner, surprised to find Awsten stood in the hall.

"Hey," she greets, shooting him a quizzical look as she wanders closer to him.

"Hi," he replies with a smile. "I just wanted to stop by and see if uh— if you wanted to help me with something later," Awsten tilts his head at her.

"Yeah, sure," Ashley agrees easily.

Awsten follows her as everyone moves out of the hall and into the living room, setting Robbie down on his feet again.

"So, what did you want help with?" Ashley asks, as Awsten perches on the arm rest of the sofa while she stands next to him.

"I wanna dye my hair," he grins, excitedly. "I got all the shit already, but I wanted you to help like, put it on my head."

"Of course I'll help put it on your head," she relays, with a small laugh. "I was actually thinking of leaving pretty soon. I came over earlier today so I've been here for hours."

"D'you wanna stop by your place to get anything or go straight to mine?" Awsten inquires.

"Uh, I should be okay to just head to yours," Ashley shrugs. "Think I've got everything I need," she adds, earning a nod, before turning to her parents. "Hey, we're gonna get going," she announces.

"Oh! We were just about to ask if both of your wanted to stay for dinner," Jennifer raises an eyebrow, still putting the offer out there.

"I'm up for it, if you are," he smiles in a way that makes Ashley's heart melt as she finds herself gazing at him; she quickly pulls herself out of it, though.

Jennifer heads out to the kitchen to begin preparing dinner, Terry following suit to help her, when Robbie attaches himself to Awsten's leg.

"Awsten, Awsten," he pokes at his knee, looking up at him with a smile, "can we go to the park?"

Awsten looks to Ashley, raising an eyebrow.

"She can come, too," Robbie rolls his eyes, "I'm not gonna separate y'all," he adds, childish sarcasm dripping from his tone, causing Awsten to laugh.