Day 1

Y/N Pov:

"Rookie, get in between the posts lets see how you do in a game like situation." coach tells me.

I get in goal and get in the zone. I see Lynn coming up on my right and that Carson doesn't see her and it is too late to get her attention. I slide over towards my right more and prepare for the shot. Lynn gets the pass and rockets a shot high and slightly to my left. I back up a tad and jump, punching the ball to Merritt. Damn one save down, and it was a decent one at that. 

"Thanks Y/N I didn't see her until too late." Carson says to me.

"Don't worry about it she was quick and did the run late, no harm no foul. We'll get it next time." I tell her with a smile. 

We play for like another half hour but I wasn't really busy, we ended up winning 2-0. 

We then go into PK's. I freaking love these, and have been studying the teams since i entered in the draft. Murphy and I keep switching out in goal. 

My next shooter is Jess. I know she is going high and right. As soon as she kicks it I jump and barely save the shot, but it was enough. After Jess' shot we do a cool down and I run to the ice baths, I have always loved them. 

After practice I go on my phone and post some pictures from today's practice. A few minutes later I get a call from Ash. 

"Y/N/N, I heard you did awesome today, and made so good saves against Lynn and Jess." She tells me.

"Hey Ash, yea it was a decent day, but I can do better, I am going to go hit the gym tonight, make sure I am in top shape to hopefully get some time in this season." I tell her. 

"Oh jeez, never ending for you, I now know why Coach loved you a school." 

"Yea I made sure I stayed in shape, and I guess that pushed everyone else." I tell her. 

We talk a little more about our days and she gives me some tips on the NWSL and what she wished she knew when she came into the league. 

After we hang up I head home with Carson and Jess, we have dinner and just hang out. 

"So Harris huh?" Jess asks me with a smirk. 

"Uh yea, I really feel a connection with her and she became really close to me." I tell them

"Well our second game this season is against orlando, and I may have heard coach saying you will start every other game so you may start against her." Pickett tells me.

"Damn no way really?" I asked shocked.

"Yea he was impressed with out today, and thinks that you deserve more than the normal starts other rookies get. You really are amazing." They tell me. 

They hang out a little longer and we watch Mamma Mia, and then they leave and i head to bed, drained from my day......but I should get  up early and make up for tonight's workout.