The First Night

Stop, stop there itself." She said loudly.

"What happened aunty?" Aadhil asked.

She bend down and took a joss stick right from my front and said, "just missed or else the new bride has hurt herself with this fire"

Everyone laughed at her dramatic expression and I too felt it silly but she is funny.

"Aunty, your new bride is wearing 3-4 inch height shoes. Don't worry she will not get hurt by this biggg.... fire" one of his cousins said dramatically.

Then, we went in after the aarthi and all.

After entering the main door, there is a big hall, two rooms at the right and a dining hall at the left side and a small room attached to the dining hall. *As with the veil I can see this much only.*

One girl around my age came and called me bhabhi(sister-in-law) so I understand she will be his sister. I also have seen her in my childhood in some function I don't remember exactly but the face is a little familiar. She took me to a room and asked me to change my dress and help me remove all my jewels and I told her I needed to go to the restroom then she showed me an attached washroom in the same room. I changed into a light embroidery micro stone dress.

Then she made me eat and she put some makeup on my face and some lightweight jewels. Then, she told me that there was no need to be nervous. Her brother is a very calm and nice person and said some nice words about her brother and wished me all the best. Then, She covered me with a veil and brought me to the next room. She dropped me at the doorstep and wished me all the best with a full smile.

I stood there in the hall as no one was there.

I opened the door and went in. I was amazed to see the decorations. There was a pathway of Red Rose petals till the bed. I walked on that and reached the bed. It was decorated with jasmine and roses which increased my heartbeat as well as my nervousness, excitement whatever it is.

I was sitting blank and didn't know what to do or what to talk about when he come. And many questions were rising in my head but the important thing is 'how I'm going to handle all this '. My thoughts broke when the door opened. By the sound of the closing door, I put my head down in shyness or fear. I don't know exactly and sat there, folding my leg in the back position, and covering my face with a veil. He came, "If you want you can remove your veil", he said while sitting next to me. Then I adjusted the veil with my dupatta. He asked "had your dinner" I nodded yes still looking down

Five minutes passed in silence and he asked me, 'why are you so nervous?' I just shook my head in nothing. He lifted my head slowly by placing his hand in my chin, I hissed at the feeling of his cold hand and tighten my hands on the dress then, the heart again started to run in the race and I felt many butterflies in my stomach. he made to look into his eyes and just the spark of his eyes, paaahhh... I can't tell or portray to you the magic he has in his eyes that made me look deep and deep even without blinking. I came back to the real world when he blinked. I turned my head to the other side. I'm blushing, Idiot what I just did...

I'm not used to this type of feeling. These all were new to me that even I don't know whether this is good or bad.

He smiled and laughed and I did too but without making noise.

"Shall I ask one thing?" He asked me.

"Hmmm" and nodded yes. " Are you a voiceless person?" he asked in a kidding tone. I just stared at him for his rubbish question, "Actually, it's almost 20 minutes since we are here, and you haven't uttered a word, that's why I asked" he shrugged. "Thanks for asking that, for your kind information, I know to speak very well by Allah's grace, but, I won't speak much with strangers". I said with full of attitude and in an annoying tone. "That's great!" he paused for a second "by the way I'm not a stranger, but your husband now," he said naughtily. I nodded with a lit smile.

Then, after two minutes he drank water and he asked me "You want to do it now?" I asked "WHAT??" very innocently that I don't know what he is asking about. He replied hesitatingly "Our FIRST NIGHT" After hearing this my smile vanished and an unknown fear build-up with some ups and downs inside my whole body, but I remain silent as I don't have any reply to this question because he is my husband, and he has all the rights but at the same time I'm scared as he was a stranger to me.

Then, he said, "I know it's very weird to talk about such things, first we need to understand each other and give time to each other and don't force ourselves but I just wanna confirm with your thoughts". I relived and lifted my head to see him and said "You said the exact thing, what I have thought" I smiled, he smiled back.

I got up and went to the dressing table and started removing my jewels. From the mirror, I can see he was staring at me, and I pretended like I didn't see but I was feeling odd because till date no one looked at me like this. I turned suddenly. Maybe he didn't expect it, he immediately got out of bed and pretended to be behaving normally. He went to sleep in the corner of the bed. I smiled at his action. Really, that was so cute.

Then I too went to sleep. I slept in the right corner whereas he was in the left corner.

I opened my eyes because of a beautiful Qirath's sound. I turned to see him, he was at the corner of the room reciting the Quran. I think he has already finished his Namaz. I searched for my mobile and looked at the time, it was 5:10 am. Then, I went to the restroom which was attached to our room. It was a normal bathroom with a small open cupboard. I took my new brush and my soap(which is already placed by my sister and cousins as they came a day before my marriage to arrange my room) I switch on the heater but it indicates like already heated I think he heated the water for me I took a head bath and within 20 minutes I finished and came out but still he is in prayer mat and reciting as he saw me, he moved from the prayer mat and wished me salam and I too replied. Then, I started my prayer.

By the time I finished my prayer he went outside and I went out to the hall but I didn't know anyone there except my mother-in-law and sister-in-law, then I wished everyone and finished my coffee which Aafiya offered me.

My mother-in-law introduced me to everyone: her sister, her brothers(two brothers), her sister-in-law, and nephews & niece and their partners and children, almost 15 to 20 members. Masha'Allah such a big family!

After an hour of introduction to the new family that funny aunty came. I asked my sister-in-law (Aafiya), who was that aunty. Aafiya said, 'Shakila aunty, she is our maid but not less than a family'. I smiled at that.

Shakila aunty said 'Come everyone breakfast is ready'.