Parents Visit

I woke up early in the morning, freshened up and was done with my prayers. It was 6:30 by the time I finished it.

I went down to make coffee for my mother-in-law and father-in-law.

I was shocked to see them talking with my parents.

I'm rubbing my eyes to confirm whether I'm seeing my parents or not.

I stood there on the steps stunned. My mother-in-law called me "Heena, see who has come to see you. Come down." 

I was shivering in happiness and tears were flowing down my eyes.

I ran to my Ammi Jaan and hugged her tight. My tears are flowing continuously, my dad patted me. I turned towards him. "Abba Jan why didn't you inform me before coming?" I asked him.

He kissed my forehead and asked, "Are there any rules that I have to ask permission before I come to my friend's house." I bowed and said, "you are always welcome." Everyone laughed at my antics.

Then my mother-in-law asked me to bring coffee for everyone so I went to the kitchen.

I placed the milk vessel on the gas stove and went to take the cups from the cupboard. My mother entered the kitchen and asked, "So, how is our son-in-law now?".

"Better mom, insha'Allah in two weeks maximum he will be healthy," I said while placing the cup on the tray.

"Can I ask you one question dear," she asked.

"Ammii... Ask na. Why you are asking permission and all." I said by turning completely towards her.

"Why are you sleeping in another room, not with Aadhil?" She asked in a very serious and worried tone 

"Ohh hoo .... Ammi, that was my mother-in-law's order," I said sarcastically.

"What?? She is torturing you Haan ..." She said in a very shocked tone and a little louder this time.

"Ammi...(I placed my hands in her mouth.) Aye Allah when will you start thinking positively mom." By saying this I hit my forehead.

"Actually, I haven't slept properly for the past two days. That's why mom asked to sleep with Avanthika and she took care of him." I said pinching her nose.

She smiled and I said to assure her that I'm really happy with my in-laws.

I took the coffee tray to the hall and everyone took one and before I would finish my coffee I heard Aadhil's voice. I excused myself from there and went inside my room.

Aadhil was struggling in his sleep, maybe he was having some nightmare, and he was sweating profusely. I went near him and took him on my lap and started consoling him, "Aadhil... Aadhil... Get up baby, it's nothing baby I'm right here with you, open your eyes dear." By saying this I slightly slapped his cheeks.

He opened his eyes and hugged me tightly. "Heena... I... I... Don't go please." He said sniffing. My heart was melting because of his condition. I kissed his head and cheeks by saying, "look baby, I'm here only with you darling. No one is going to leave you alone." 

He took his head from my lap and said, "Heena... I'm scared, what if..." 

"Shhh... Baby, it's nothing but a nightmare." By saying this I kissed his forehead and wiped his tears.

"But...." I kept my finger on his lips and shook my head in no.

"Just forget that baby, now come we'll freshen up first. Okay." I said helping him get up from the bed. 

He got up from the bed, I held his hand and we went towards the washroom. I heard my father-in-law's voice so I stopped.

"Heena you go have some time with them, I'll take him." He said, taking Aadhil's hand from my shoulder.