𝙺𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚜 𝓪 𝓽𝓪𝓵𝓴 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓪 𝓹𝓪𝓼𝓽

Quarantine. All the crew have been quarantined for what seemed like a week now. Lyr found you and Yargwynn at the beach, talking and making "small talk." He told you both to head back to the ship, go to your courders, and stay there until told otherwise. Lyr didn't talk anything more about the subject but you bother listened. You've been stuck in your room. Writing notes to keep you busy. Suddenly you hear the door open, revealing your octopiod friend, Kalamos. He enters your room, trying his hardest not to knock over anything. "Um... Hey. Are you here?" he asks nervously. You reach out your hand, grabbing his. His blind eyes looking over in your direction. He jumped a little, but then relaxed. "Oh um... Sorry. You scared me for a second. Um... Do you have a minute to talk?"  he asks you. You could tell he was nervous but you didn't know why.
"Of course we can. Come. Let's sit down." you say, leading him over to some chairs. You both sit down, facing each other, still holding his hand. "Is everything ok Kalamos? You sound worried." you say to him. He looks down to the floor, like he was worried that he might say something wrong.
"Am..... Do I?.... Am I a burden?" Kalamos asks. Your eyes widen, and your jaw dropped. You couldn't believe the words that came out of his mask.
"What?! No! Of course you're not! Why would you even say that?" you say, now holding both of his hands.
"I heard some people saying that I was a burden to you and Yargwynn. Because I'm blind..." those words rung in your ears. Blind.... He's blind because of me. If I just agreed to Mortallous's stupid deal then he would've been fine. It's all my fault.... My fault! You thought to yourself, tears streaming down your face.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Your blindness is all my fault. I should've protected you. I was right there, and I did nothing! You were right next to me and I couldn't....i-" you get cut off by kalamos hugging you. Why do you stay by my side. You might get hurt more... All because you came with me. So why?! You ask yourself, hugging kalamos back. You cried into his shoulder, wishing that he didn't have to see you like this again.
"Hey. It's ok. I- I told you. I don't blame you for any of this. I never did and I never will. You're my best friend, and I'm glad that I met you. So please.... Don't blame yourself. It's not your fault." kalamos says to you quietly. With tears still rolling down your face, you laugh.
"Gosh why are you my friend. You're too kind. I don't deserve you. Kalamos I.... Thank you. Thank you for being my friend. Thank you." you say to him, holding him closer. You two stayed like this for a good couple of minutes. You didn't want to let him go. Just hugging him made you feel better.
"I probably should go. Before lyr knows I left my room. Hehe. See you later. Hopefully." kalamos says, and leaves the room. You smile to yourself. Well... At least I know I can trust him. I should probably also tell Yargwynn that some people are giving kalamos a hard time. He'll be able to deal with that pretty fast. Welp. I'm tired. Might as well the a nap. You thought to yourself. You then slid into your bed, closed your eyes, and drifted off, hoping that this quarantine will end soon.

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THIS KALAMOS CHAPTER! PLZ GIVE ME IDEA'S ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE NEXT! ٩(̀́)ᵇʸᵉ
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗.