three

when the kiss ended, his forehead rested on mine. i pulled my head back a bit and searched for his eyes. marcus raised his head a bit, and let out a sigh of relief. "come back with me. we'll give you food, clothes, anything you need. and you might have a little bit of fun." i said with a light grin as i kept my hand around his neck. marcus bit the inside of his lip, showing he was hesitant, but eventually caved. he slightly nodded his head and i felt his hand travel from my hip to my hand. i kept his hand in mine and guided him to the bottom of the clocktower. 

it was now time to bring him back to master lin. we walked down the streets and through the crowds of people, our fingers still intertwined. i decided now would be a good time to tell him that we have rules and boundaries at king's dominion, just so he doesn't get himself killed in the first 3 days.

"just to be clear, king's dominion isn't just fun and parties. we have rules." i said, trying to seem as normal as possible so nobody would notice us. "rules?" marcus asked as he looked down to me. "yes. our first and most important rule is to not compromise our location. if anyone finds out where we are, we're all in danger. and if we find you're responsible for it, we'll have to kill you." i said while keeping my eyes ahead. i still felt his glare on me and tried my best to play it cool.

"harsh." he muttered to himself, but i heard. i turned my head towards him and saw him slightly smiling down. i shook my head and looked forward to hide my smile. soon, we would arrive at the store, a.k.a. the cover up for master lin's office. i'm sure we know this by now though.

"and then there's the common few. no alcohol, drugs, or sex." i said, as we walked into the store and back to the meat freezer. i dropped marcus's hand, because i didn't want anyone to assume things. he looked down to me and had this expression on his face that made me feel guilty. "we can always make changes to the last one." maria said with a sly smile as we walked in. maria is always trying to get her hands on someone new and i guess this time it was marcus. marcus just gave an awkward look to maria but looked back down to me. my eyes met his and i tried to give him a 'stop looking at me' kind of signal, but he didn't until he heard master lin.

"mr. lopez." master lin said as he emerged from another secret doorway. "uh, yeah?"marcus said as he turned around. i honestly think that marcus doesn't realize how well-known he is. i mean, it's not everyday you hear an orphan kills dozens. "you do know why you're here now, right?" lin asked him. this was testing me, though. to see if i did good enough. "yeah, you need new people. something like that." marcus said with a shrug of his shoulders. 

lin subtly gave me a pleased look. that means i did good. but i still lied to marcus. the real reason we need him here is our reputation. lin told me that since marcus is famous for killing kids, putting him in our school and setting him straight could give us good reason for our stuff to go public. and what i mean by stuff is what we're being taught here. right now, everyone thinks we're some boarding school for mentally fucked kids, or a private school for rich kids. neither are true.

we're actually being taught how to be assassins. most of us don't have our parents, and those who do have parents who barely know anything about our school. but the thing is, if anyone found out that we're not what we say we are, everything could go downhill. im talking orphanages, jail time, or even death. the government just wants to kill everyone to be honest. 

"good." lin said to marcus. i felt bad for lying to marcus but maybe i had to. would he have jumped off that clock tower if i didn't tell him we needed him? would he still feel like he had nothing to live for? and me, would i have to feel the guilt of watching him commit suicide? in the end, it's a little white lie that won't change anything...right?

 lin then guided marcus to the room we all went to our first time here. it's lin's office. there, lin will give marcus some heartfelt speech and talk to him about his past and blah blah blah. after that marcus'll get all his new clothes, equipment, a dorm, a roomie, a schedule, and a student id. and then the show starts.

after lin and marcus left the room, it was just billy, willie, maria, and me. and within about 0.4 seconds, they all started interrogating me. "did you kiss this one?" came from maria, "did you tell him the truth?" came from billy, and "what was he doing?" came from willie. this questions were coming at a million miles an hour, and i snapped. "GUYS." i yelled a little too loud. they all sorta stepped back and kept their mouths shut as a way of apologizing.

"he was at the clocktower about to kill himself so yes, i lied. i told him king's needed new people. and kissing him was only to persuade him to come. if i didn't we'd be cleaning a pile of brains up off the street." i said with a rushed tone. it had already been a long night and i didn't really want to relive it. the three of them just stood there quiet. i then realized what i said might've been a bit harsh.

whatever. "i'm going to bed." i said with my hand on my neck as i walked out of the smelly room. the actual king';s dominion building was across the street from the store. as i walked out of the store, i felt a chill rush through my body. i stuck my hands in the pockets of my jacket and quickly crossed the street. i walked up the large staircase and arrived at my dorm. i pulled the key out of my back pocket and felt thankful id din't lose it this entire time. 

once the door opened, i left our a sigh and stepped into my dorm. there was a few clothes on the floor but i walked past them and jumped on my bed. i laid on my stomach and felt grateful to have a dorm of my own. but then i realized i should probably shower before going to sleep. i mean, i do have school in the morning. 

i rummaged around my drawers to find a clean towel and shampoo and conditioner. once i found it all, i made my way down to the bathrooms. and of course, i ran into marcus. and i mean actually ran into him. i bumped into him and i dropped all of my stuff. "whoops." i heard him say, but i was already bending down to grab my stuff.

when i stood, i was in awe. all he was wearing was a towel wrapped around his waist. his hair was wet, and tiny drops of water would occasionally fall onto his chest. speaking of his chest, i noticed he had scars. a lot of them. everywhere. they looked similar to the scar he had on his face. but then i realized i was staring at his chest and snapped out of it.

"sorry. that was my bad i wasn't paying attention." i said awkwardly sort off stuttering over my words. he smiled and laughed. "it's alright kennedy." he said. wait a minute, i never told him my name. "wait, when did you figure out my name?" i asked confused, while holding all of my stuff in my hands. "i asked lin." he said with a sly smirk. the corners of his lips caused dimples to appear and the water on his top lip glistened.

"oh, ok well i'll, see you around marcus." i said mirroring his smile. "see ya 'round." he said before he walked off. i sighed at my own awkwardness. "get yourself together, kennedy." i whispered to myself as i walked to the showers in agony. i just hoped that would be the one and ONLY embarrassing moment of my life. but knowing me, there's no way it could be.