five

so i tried my best to describe the schedule

so i tried my best to describe the schedule. let's ignore the fact that marcus has the exact same schedule as the o.c., also i've updated p5 to be called 'hand-to-hand combat' like it is in the show!

my first class is ap black arts. i was on my way to the class when i saw marcus again. hadn't he just been going the other way? "kennedy!" he said, catching my attention. "hey marcus. having some trouble?" i asked laughing. "yea..." he said as he walked closer to me. he said it with a bit of an awkward laugh, but it was cute. 

"um, where's ap black arts?" he asked looking down at a piece of paper that i assumed was his schedule. "come with me i'll take you. we have the same class." i said smiling. he nodded and stuffed the paper in his pocket. "this class is with master lin so watch yourself." i said before we both entered through the door of the class. he nodded and fidgeted with his fingers. he seemed nervous. he should be.

when we walked in,. we saw some kids were sitting on desks and some were standing at others. everyone had friends in this class so everyone usually socialized. "class." we all heard master lin say as he emerged from another one of his offices connected to the class. that caused everyone to scurry to their seats. if master lin caught you not in a seat, there could be some consequences.

and of course, marcus was still standing. when he'd rush to a seat, someone would steal it. soon enough, all of the seats were taken and he was standing in the middle of the classroom, scratching the back of his neck 'casually'. he was such a stereotypical new kid that it made me chuckle. i guess he heard me because he turned back to me and started laughing too.

"something funny lopez?" master lin said which shut down me and marcus' laughter. "no sir. i couldn't find a seat." marcus sai with sort of a sassy tone. jeez marcus. i said to watch yourself. lin gave him a hard stare for a few seconds and the tension in the room just kept growing and growing. you could probably hear the sound of hearts pounding, even my own.

"there." master lin said as he pointed to an open seat without even taking his eyes off of marcus. of course. sit the new murderer kid next to brandy, the leader of the dixie mob. brandy was a bitch. a nazi, if you will. that's what everyone calls them. brandy was always trying to get on my ass as soon as i got here. i guess its similar to what i heard about chico and marcus. apparently, they had already got into it before he met up with me at my locker. typical dude stuff.

anyways, the lesson in ap black arts went smooth as usual. but closer to the end of the period, i heard the sound of lin's cane hitting marcus's desk. the other end of the cane hit brandy in the nose. blood leaked from her nose and a tear fell from her right eye. honestly, she deserved it.

"do not pass notes in my class. and don't open them." lin said as he quickly moved the cane from brandy's face to marcus's. he didn't hit marcus, but the blood splattered across his face and onto his clothes. marcus was holding his own hand to help it from getting hit with lin's cane. soon enough, lin continued with class and the bell would soon ring.

once the class was over, i grabbed my bag and started walking out of the class. "wait, kennedy." marcus said which caused me to stop and turn to him. "yes?" i asked as i walked towards him. "you're friends with maria right?" he asked as he also walked closer to me. "yeah, why?" i asked confused as i fixed my backpack strap which was falling down past my shoulder. "i saw her this morning, chico pushed her. and then poured kool-aid all over me." he said as he sounded sort of confused. "i heard about that. marcus, listen. things work a lot differently in here than they do on the streets. you see something, you walk right past it. you get yourself involved, you die, you understand?" i asked getting a little too deep into it.

marcus just stared at me with a blank expression. "marcus, do you understand?" i asked again. i felt like it was my responsibility to keep him safe. after all, i am the one who brought him here. "yeah, yeah, i get it." marcus said as he kept the same expression on his face. worried, nervous, but also sort of curious. curiosity kills.

"you know, we have the exact same schedule." he said trying to lighten the mood. "weird. well, to poison class then?" i said as my lips folded into each other. "yeah." he said as he smirked. the two of us left the class together and were making our way to potions. on the way, i saw an all too familiar face.

"don't go and get soft over some boy, kennedy." came from the face. it was lex. my closest friend ever since i came here. he had a strong british accent and a crazy hair style. he also had tattoos and piercings. he wasn't himself unless he carried a bottle of booze in one hand and a cig in the other. "never." i jokingly said to lex and he chuckled.

"who's that?" marcus asked. "oh that's lex. he's a friend of mine, and he'll probably be your friend soon, too." i said to marcus. "i highly doubt that. marcus said. he liked to keep to himself. "yeah well so did i." i replied and smiled.

another short one lol, me last year could not handle long chapters im sorry 😭