3-do what you love

Somehow after a week or two of focusing solely on eating and blocking out thoughts, I'd become slightly happier. I could go through my days with out my stomach growling or negative things nagging at me constantly. It felt like I could actually get through my days instead of feeling like I'd give up or even just collapse halfway through.

It was a pleasant change, and I was thankful for it. Just doing those two things gave me a will to continue, for him, for Eddie, and most importantly for myself.

As I started trying harder, it began to feel more natural to eat. It became easier to ignore my horrid thoughts. The days passed, and even though they were still slow I didn't feel like giving in. The sinking feeling in my stomach also subsided as well as the anchors that had taken up residence in my lungs where lifted slightly. It was a nice feeling honestly; I could breath again and enjoy it.

Looking at the list, which was now pinned above my desk in a more permanent home next to a photo of Eddie I'd snagged a long time ago. I'd studied the list often recently trying to keep myself believing it'd work. Also when it was paired with the picture of Eddie it gave me the will to block out thoughts and continue to try and cope like he wanted.

3. do what you love

That was next, and it was one I honestly needed. It felt like it'd had been forever since I took time to sit down and do something that I loved. Usually I was caught up on homework, reading for class, or sometimes I just got caught up in bad thoughts and couldn't bear to do anything that made me happy.

That was about to change though as I did need this. Doing what I loved meant sitting down and playing Tomodachi Life for a while then writing my heart out. The only obstacle was the fact I have no idea where I placed my 3DS.

It had been months since I touched it or even thought about playing it. Knowing me, I'd stashed it away with no intentions of playing it even though it was one of my prized possessions I treasured. This called for the worst search Id have to go through.

Walking across the cold wood floors I approach my closet; a place I hadn't bother to enter in months. I just rotated through the same five shirts under a single heather grey hoodie not caring what anyone thought. Not wearing of my any clothes meant avoiding everything I had stashed there so it'd be out of sigh but still in reach.

Wrapping my fingers around the metal door handle I open the door. I'm greeted by the same view that I'd shut in months ago. A mix of Eddie and I clashed inside, his shirts I'd stolen long ago still hidden in among my clothes, and a box of his stuff rested on the floor. Biting my lip, I gather all the courage I have while dragging the box out into the open. I take a seat on the floor while looking at the ever so daunting box.

Letting out a deep sigh I open the box and begin rooting through the contents. I don't have to dig deep before I see the reddish glint of my DS. Picking it up I smile a little before shoving the box back into the closet and shutting the door again. After that I'm able to retreat to my bed, DS in hand as I lay down ready to relax.

A while later I find myself sitting at my desk staring at my computer as if I'd never used it before. Miraculously Id grown tired of playing Tomodachi Life, and decided to give another love of mine, writing, a shot again. It'd been weeks since I'd written anything and that was because I had to for English. The last time I wrote something decent for my own enjoyment was long before Eddie had passed on.

Slowly I reach out, hitting the power button to turn the device on. I wait patiently for it to turn on the title screen flashing up before showing my home screen, which of course is still Eddie and I. There's a bit of a tug at my heart strings, but I make my best attempt to continue on. My first instinct is to open a new document and begin writing what ever comes to mind.

My fingers hesitate to type as if it's no longer natural or I'd forgotten how. Finally I begin to move more fluently but erase everything I type within seconds.

Dear mystery boy,

No

Dear 13 ways to cope author,

Definitely no

Dear boy,

No no no

Finally I give up, opening a new tab and deciding to try expressing my thoughts later. I bite my lip deciding that writing fiction would be the best route for me so I could take my mind off things and do something I dearly loved. Opening an old story I had started once a upon a time ago, I begin typing with enthusiasm I didn't realize I still had even though I had no idea if the words on screen made any sense together.