10. be social

"James!", I squeak willing my legs to move faster than they already were as a moderate jog was not cutting it especially with James showing no intention of slowing down. Mumbling incoherent words under my breath I move faster just until James turns and looks at me slightly amused.

"What Jasey?", he asks.

"Can I uh sit with you at lunch?", I ask fidgeting nervously. James quirks an eyebrow obviously interested in my question.

"Last time we talked you were terrified now you wanna sit with me?", James questions, a smirk lining his lips. I nod shyly afraid he was going to turn me down. Instead James throws an arm around my shoulders, the smirks melting into a smile.

"We'd love to have you at our table."

Lunch time quickly approaches with me growing more nervous about it with each passing hour. Finally the lunch line shifts forward allowing me to get my food, then with my tray in hand I approach James table slowly.

James des me coming and waves me toward him. I gulp before heading over toward him and sliding into the seat next to him. Every set of eyes shifts toward me in interest as I sit among them.

"So this is the mysterious Jasey?", a blond haired man asks. I lower my eyes to my tray feeling a blush spread across my cheeks.

"Seamus shush she's blushing!", a different guy says, his cornflower blue eyes focused on me.

"Jordan shut the hell up. You guys this is Jasey she was with.", James is cut off by the shaggy hair boy who's initials are a.m. clanging his tray down. We all turn toward him as he looks at me in surprise. I repeat a sheepish wave just I had done in class previously.

"Hey Jasey.", he says smiling, "Didn't think I'd see you here.", he says.

"It gets boring eating alone. I needed to be more social, and I knew James here.", I say resting a hand on James shoulder. He nods before setting to work tearing his milk carton open.

"So I see."

"Aleksandr stop hogging the new girl.", the guy with the striking blue eyes states throwing his arms in his eyes.

"Shut the fuck up Jordan I was saying hello.", Aleks scoffs before picking up the ham and cheese sandwich that had been thrown onto his tray. Jordan smirks as if he has valuable information as he stares down Aleks.

"Mhm saying hello.", Jordan states defiantly. Aleks hurls a grape in his direction, hitting Jordan in the throat leaving a small red patch. Jordan gasps and rubs his neck while Aleks smirks leaning back in his plastic chair.

"Sorry about this guys they're well they're intolerant. But that's Aleks, Jordan, and Seamus.", James chuckles pointing at each one. Seamus meekly waves before returning to eating while Aleks and Jordan carried on their tiff.

"Do they always act like this?", I ask while observing Aleks and Jordan. James shrugs while Seamus raises a hand in the air to signify a sort of.

"Sometimes they fight like a married couple-", Seamus begins but Aleks interjects, "We do not fight like an old married couple!"

"Yes you do shut up.", James silences him. I chuckle while Aleks looks at me with a sly grin.

"Anyway yes they do have their moments, but they generally get along well.", Seamus finishes explaining. I nod before going back to eating my lunch and chatting with James while Aleks and Jordan continue their argument.

"So after all this, do you think you'll sit here again tomorrow?", James asks.

"Most definitely."

.

.

.
a/n
I feel like shit for listening to Blurryface now because everyone else is waiting...
fucking Caitlin and her sadness/impatience couldn't wait....