The Pond of Lost Memories

As you stare into the pond, all the colors fade away.

With each ripple, a new memory is stripped from your hands.

Your mind feels hurt when your heart feels empty.

A single moment in time, gone without your consent.

Your memory is so faint as you hang onto it by a thread. 

Another second goes by, another ripple waves at you, another memory leaves you behind.

You can't remember how you got there or when, all you know is that you're just...there.

The voices around you berate you, tearing you up for a mistake you cannot control.

The wind whistles in your ear, "don't you remember?"

Your lungs scream 'no' because you can't remember anything past your own name.

"What's wrong with you, are you stupid?"

You don't know if it's stupidity, but you do know something is wrong.

Has it been five minutes or five hours?

"It's been a year".

The words register and your heart sinks; how do you simply forget an entire year?

Fights arise due to your forgetfulness but you don't know what to say other than "I'm sorry, I forgot".

It's not good enough. You know that. 

It hurts your loved ones but what they don't know is that it tears you up inside two times harder.

You're beginning to feel crazy, you're worrying "what if it gets worse?"

The ripples of the pond continue waving, your memories continue leaving.

Welcome to the Pond of Lost Memories.