One Step at a Time

Bosam's Point of View

Jung Yunho needs to be stopped. Who allowed him to be this cute with me? Because I certainly didn't.  Of all the people in the world, why did he choose me to have a crush on? Me, a single mother and his co-worker. Surely, there are women who adhere to the standard more- not mixed race, lighter skin, bigger, rounder eyes, fuller lips, nicer v-line, taller, bigger boobs- the list goes on. But for some reason, Yunho found himself infatuated with me. 

And I hate that the more time I spend with him... the more I start getting used to and... fine, I'll admit, I become even fond of his cute shenanigans. 

I can't describe to you how touched I felt when he changed our plans so we could take care of my son. The poor guy had, from what I hear from Seonghwa, been looking forward to the date so bad. He had even gone out of his way to find out the things I like and plan some kind of mystery perfect date for me... but he didn't hesitate to scrap all of it, to make sure Rowoon was okay, and more than that, happy.

McDonald's has never felt so romantic. Yunho is a dangerous guy. Just from him interacting with me, I don't know if I'd even consider legitimately giving him a chance. But... seeing him interact with other people? Wow. Maybe I don't get to see this side of him much, because with the guys he's more rambunctious and mischievous, but there was something about the way he ordered a Happy Meal both for Rowoon and for himself, just so Rowoon could have two toys instead of one totally made my heart react in a way that scares me a little. Not just that, but he also treated the driver as well. 

Maybe I judged Yunho too soon. Maybe he's not as similar to Rowoon's father as I first thought. Still... seeing him cradling my son in his arms and being so sweet and loving to him... I hate to admit it, but it made me think of Rowoon's absent father again. It just... it makes me wonder... what if? It's stupid, I know, it's useless too. I just... never got to see the father hold his baby. They've never even met each other... and they never will. 

So let's turn the focus back to Yunho then, shall we? The guy really behaved amazingly on our "date." After we got our orders, he hummed thoughtfully and asked me where we should eat them. Now, having been in the industry for a while, and having once dated someone in the industry, I know of plenty little hiding spots that reporters don't even suspect idols, actors, and other Korean celebrities use for meeting up where cameras won't catch it. 

So rather than answering him directly, I gave the driver the directions, and he drove us to a nice hill that was thankfully, only a few minutes away. It was on the outskirts of a very small, somewhat traditional village, whose population mainly composed of elders. The driver parked at the foot of the small hill, as per my instruction, and I grabbed mine and Rowoon's order. "We're here, come on. It's a very small hike. I can carry him if you want," I said to Yunho, rushing to open my door before he could get it for me. "Shh, he's asleep. I got him," was his very hushed response, making me chuckle. "Yunho-yah, how is he going to eat if he's asleep? He'll need to wake up soon. But fine, you take him." I said, stepping out of the car. 

"You really don't have to worry about getting recognized here," I said as I took in a breath of fresh air. The place was somewhat familiar. Rowoon's father and I used to drive up here for dates back when we were still together- but don't worry, I wasn't really recycling the date spot, since we used to park a few blocks back and even then, we'd just sit in the car and talk... well fine, we didn't just talkbut the point is we rarely ever left the car, since the guy was more high-profile, and we didn't want to risk him getting recognized.